Marshall County @ Giles County

Lead

Giles has a lot less speed without Cameron, Dontarius, and Lucas but that doesn't mean they have talent! I think everybody sees every week how good Jordan is. Caleb, will, and Kobe have started three years on the oline and are as good as anybody. Boone Gibson is super strong and has been a good varsity player since he was a freshmen. Tanner is as good of a receiver as anybody we have played. No talent is a stupid excuse

Tell ya what....this Bobcat team is not very talented. That's just the cold hard truth. I can tell you that I watched the sophomores and juniors on this team as 7th and 8th graders at Bridgeforth. There simply was no eye catching talent. You want to blame the lack of talent on Walt? Come on, man. Let's be real. The ONLY reason y'all don't like Walt is because he still lives in Lawrenceburg and is heavily involved in youth sports there and not in Pulaski.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 this group of Srs your talking about got a lot of playing time as freshman. Not just a minute or two but whole qtrs and some halves after halftime. That year I know they played a full freshman schedule, JV schedule and then got time in Varsity. I remember the coaches calling the cowbell week heck week for them. They had full practice, came from practice to the field and played a freshman game and then a JV Game back to back. They were dead tired but survived. Good memories, hard work!

Giles has a lot less speed without Cameron, Dontarius, and Lucas but that doesn't mean they have talent! I think everybody sees every week how good Jordan is. Caleb, will, and Kobe have started three years on the oline and are as good as anybody. Boone Gibson is super strong and has been a good varsity player since he was a freshmen. Tanner is as good of a receiver as anybody we have played. No talent is a stupid excuse

Tell ya what....this Bobcat team is not very talented. That's just the cold hard truth. I can tell you that I watched the sophomores and juniors on this team as 7th and 8th graders at Bridgeforth. There simply was no eye catching talent. You want to blame the lack of talent on Walt? Come on, man. Let's be real. The ONLY reason y'all don't like Walt is because he still lives in Lawrenceburg and is heavily involved in youth sports there and not in Pulaski.

It amazes me how you guys back a guy that cheated his way to the top and dog a guy that runs a clean program. Just goes to show you all people care about is winning at any cost. There is a reason the guy left, if the talent was still there so would he. It's not like he's setting the world on fire in Alabama.

Bingo... All you need to know about how screwed up the priorities are in Giles County is to take a look at the ridiculousness that is the football stadium at Sam Davis Park. The powers that be jammed a 2 million plus stadium down the throats of the county citizens. Then raised taxes to pay for it. Don't get me wrong. The old stadium had to be replaced. But to spend 4-5 times what it would be to construct a functional, new stadium, on a new site, is assinine. They claimed "history" and trying to preserve "The Brickyard" as reasons. Simply ridiculous. The site sits so far down in a "hole" to where it isn't visible unless you are looking for it. Also, the access roads are bad. The pressbox is oversized to where most of it is wasted space, but yet you would think they were hosting dozens of national media and T.V. crews weekly. Just looking at the proportion of it to the home stands tells you all you need to know about how comically big the thing is.

Don't get me wrong. It's a nice stadium, but it better be considering the 2.5 million price tag. The county did all of this knowing how bad of a condition some of the existing school buildings are in, and knowing the bad economics the area has struggled with for years. Not to even mention just how poorly the school system rates statewide.

So, considering just this one example of irrational decision making, does SOME of the opinions that roll out of the mouths of SOME of the people from Giles County really suprise you? It probably shouldn't...

Edited by Vol5198

Bingo... All you need to know about how screwed up the priorities are in Giles County is to take a look at the ridiculousness that is the football stadium at Sam Davis Park. The powers that be jammed a 2 million plus stadium down the throats of the county citizens. Then raised taxes to pay for it. Don't get me wrong. The old stadium had to be replaced. But to spend 4-5 times what it would be to construct a functional, new stadium, on a new site, is assinine. They claimed "history" and trying to preserve "The Brickyard" as reasons. Simply ridiculous. The brick is borderline aweful colors. The site sits down in a hole to where it isn't visible unless you are looking for it. Also, the access roads are bad. The pressbox is oversized to where most of it is wasted space, but yet you would think they were hosting dozens of national media and T.V. crews weekly. Just looking at the proportion of it to the home stands tells you all you need to know about how comically big the thing is.

Don't get me wrong. It's a nice stadium, but it better be considering the 2.5 million price tag. The county did all of this knowing how bad of a condition some of the existing school buildings are in, and knowing the bad economics the area has struggled with for years. Not to even mention just how poorly the school system rates statewide.

So, considering all of this, does SOME of the opinions that roll out of the mouths of SOME of the people from Giles County really suprise you? It probably shouldn't...

What are you trying to say here? You really like our stadium.

Yes, actually. I would love for my community to have something that nice. But, only if my county/city had a surplus of money to make it happen. Going about it the way Giles County did is simply irresponsible. Especially for a county in their condition.

GCBOBCAT52. Just let you know Bridgeforth isn't the only middle school team in the county. Those boys your referring to as 7th and 8th graders at Bridgeforth did get beat a lot. By the SouthGiles Eagles which went undefeated that year and by Richland Raiders. Just to inform you the Eagles kids come from Elkton and Minor Hill. A lot of your starters this year was Eagles. Peyton Hall, Rykell Reed, Caleb Clem, Cliff Garner and I know there is some I missed. The Bobcats has the talent on and off the field. Just as I said in my last post if your not giving Smith "WHAT" he wants then your kid doesn't see the field. PURPLEGOLD do you know why he was let go from My Pleasant? When you find that out you will see why we have no use fir him.

What happened in the locker room after the game why Malone jumped on our #2 and the boy left on foot and Smith went in a vehicle chasing after him? Malone was mad called Osteen put a beating on them and he took it out on the boy. You call these grown men coaches and role models?