William Blount @Heritage

Governm

You said getting beat by Alcoa was not a surprise, yet you talked for Lord knows how long about how Shad had turned things around and WB would beat Alcoa this year. Make up your mind. :huh:

I meant it wasn't a surprise in the court of public opinion. Most people expected WB to lose those games. Nobody expected Heritage to give up 56 to South Doyle or 53 to Anderson County.

I meant it wasn't a surprise in the court of public opinion. Most people expected WB to lose those games. Nobody expected Heritage to give up 56 to South Doyle or 53 to Anderson County.

Gov I give you credit there on that one because I didn't for sure. I really thought Heritage turned a corner when we watched them in the Oak Ridge scrimmage and held their own that evening and didn't get run off the field. Now after O.R. loses to Farragut and Heritage seems to not be able to play the run worth a flip I gave them more credit than they deserved. Things are better out there than normal but I guess I'm going to have to go back to my original prediction that this will be a five or six year rebuild. I'm willing to bet that they drop Maryville off the schedule year after next just because of the simple fact that T.H. cancelled the following Monday JV game with Maryville when the coaches shook hands after the game that night. Playing Maryville that first game and how bad it got can be a confidence crusher for any team that is in a rebuilding mode like Heritage. If the Heritage team that played Oak Ridge in that scrimmage shows up I go with Heritage. If the Heritage team shows up that has played the first three games this year I pick William Blount. Toss up because I don't know which one will show up but I am pulling for Heritage because they need to break that streak and put it to rest.

Barney,

I just dont see any scenario where Heritage wins this game. Even though WB has only put up 45 points through 3 games we have the athletes to score lots of points. We have just run into 2 really good defenses. I don't see Heritage having a good pass rush if they give up over 50 points a game. And we have a solid defense. The Govs Roll in this one unless they lay a goose egg and even then they should win.

Edited by Governors91