William Blount @Heritage

Governm

Whole lot closer than I expected.

The Govs squandered a few drives deep in Heritage territory where we should have scored. And on Heritage's last TD drive they fumbled the ball and it looked like the Govs recovered it but the refs ruled it Heritage ball so I think they got a gift right there and instead of it being WB ball they score a few plays later to tie the game 20-20. But then again we were somewhat fortunate because the weather helped us more than it helped Heritage. A win is a win and we'll take it but we will have to play better if we want to beat Bearden next week. Edited by Governors91

The Govs squandered a few drives deep in Heritage territory where we should have scored. And on Heritage's last TD drive they fumbled the ball and it looked like the Govs recovered it but the refs ruled it Heritage ball so I think they got a gift right there and instead of it being WB ball they score a few plays later to tie the game 20-20. But then again we were somewhat fortunate because the weather helped us more than it helped Heritage. A win is a win and we'll take it but we will have to play better if we want to beat Bearden next week.

Yeah, you'll be out of excuses by then. 😂

The Govs squandered a few drives deep in Heritage territory where we should have scored. And on Heritage's last TD drive they fumbled the ball and it looked like the Govs recovered it but the refs ruled it Heritage ball so I think they got a gift right there and instead of it being WB ball they score a few plays later to tie the game 20-20. But then again we were somewhat fortunate because the weather helped us more than it helped Heritage. A win is a win and we'll take it but we will have to play better if we want to beat Bearden next week.

It was a good game I'm glad you acknowledged the weather had somewhat of an impact on us because it was really hard for us to get the passing game going in the second half it poured til about 3 or 4 mins left in the 4th qtr we had two tries to drive it down and score after the rain stopped but we couldn't do it.

Unlike last year, WB actually won this game. They were more definitely more dominant. The coaches were as patient as they could be only throwing the ball 8 times. I can see how HHS has given up big numbers because our line was creating some MASSIVE holes. The difference, however, between WB and many other teams is we do not have a true burner. In the olden days backs like Brad Walker, TJ Walker, Darren Garner, etc would have scored with those holes because of their speed. Key and Myers are more possession backs that were getting 6-8 yards per carry but are not going to score on long runs. Thus the low scoring game. Possessions were at a minimum especially in the second half. Blount never had to punt, but did stall in the red zone on 4 different occasions because of some negative plays. The weather was also a factor in the low scoring game, and I also agree it favored WB. HHS was limited in the 3rd quarter because it was raining very hard and they dropped a couple of passes and snaps. WB just didn't pass and they really did not have to. I do agree with Gov91 WB recovered the fumble and came out of the pile with the ball. The officials decided that at some point HHS had recovered before WB got it. I do want to give a MAJOR SHOUTOUT to the officials. They got the 2nd half started as quickly as possible after the delay and they did not skip a beat in the half even though there was some lightning WAY OFF in the distance. It was obvious cloud to cloud and no where near the area. They could have easily stopped the game and taken all night to play. But they used some common sense. Kudos to Blackstock and his crew.

Anyway, WB wins their 19th straight over HHS. Absolutely an amazing streak when you consider WB's record the last 7 years. HHS, though, will finish 2nd or 3rd in their Region ad make the playoffs for the first time in a while. They are better than Powell and Halls and they have already beaten SDoyle. They should lose to West and the Gibbs game is a toss up. Richardson is a good QB, Wright is a beast at RB, and HHS has a fine corps or receivers led by Allison. They just have to improve defensively.

WB, on the other hand, is now 2-2. They travel to Bearden next week where their season ended last year with a BITTER TASTE. To me this is the game that will determine the rest of their season. If they win I will predict anything from 4-6 to 6-4 and a middle of the pack finish in their conference. If they don't win it could be tough sledding. Their lack of speed is concerning. They have some great kids with tremendous hearts and a coaching staff that I absolutely love, but the team needs some wheels!

Anyone who wants can go watch the HHS game on truthradio.tv. Hit the AM1 button, then go to archives and click on WB vs HHS. Not sure if it is up yet but it will be by the end of the weekend. Also you can always watch live during the games. We had a big audience last night in the second half when many left due to the weather. It is good, quality video. The audio, well, you gotta listen to me so you get what you get.