Gomab's Top 100 Seniors

CoachT

See the thing is..... you have to look beyond what is simply in front of you.... I have said it before, and I will say it many times more, but the Rankings are based on a combination of present and a player's prospects for the next level. If it was just for this level, one may just look at stats, and put players in order accordingly. But that's not how my rankings go. Swader is an athletic, unselfish, multi-dimensional 6'8 Guard. What is not to like about that. There is a reason High majors from all over the country loved this kid (academics forced him into a mid-major). These coaches who believed this, which is their job, can't all be wrong, can they? Simply put, unlike the class of 2004, there are very few High Majors in the state. Swader will still be a top 3 prospect when my new rankings come out (Humphrey #1).... Just becuase a player out plays a kid on a night, doesn't mean he's a better prospect. I hate to say it, but Randel Harrel is not going to get High major looks by scoring 21 on Smyrna (who often runs a zone); unfortunately, Harrrel will not play any type of D-1 ball, though he is a very good High school player..... That's just the facts of the recruiting game.... And as for Warren co having no business being in the game-that's not true. Smyrna has no guard play, which is essential to winning games. WC has a very talented Reece Bishop. That alone evens the field greatly...... Anyways, Swader is a big time prospect, and is ranked the #2 player in the State by Hoopscoop magazine: so I'm obviously not the only one rating him so highly.......

[Edited by coacht on 12-9-02 7:14P]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomab,

I understand the fact that you made these rankings before the season and didn't know that Josh Suddath would be as good as he is this year, but don't go and make the statements that you did. Yes, he had an off year last year and at the beginning of the summer, but that was due to his disfunctional left leg. You try playing with a practically broken ankle. However, I do respect the fact that you said he would jump in the rating, but you don't have to go and talk about last year taking away from what you said earlier in your post.

you're saying that Drew Akers is the #84 senior in the state. Unbeleivable. U obviously havent seen this kid play before. If Drew Akers is the 84th best senior in the state, then this is gonna be one pitiful year. Get a clue, USN basketball is a clown show....where is Jeffrey Hollis(MBA) on this list.

Drew Akers is on the list because he is 6'11/7/0...you can't teach that kind of height...that gives him some potential... In fact, I have found out he is not playing basketball this semester, or maybe not all season...

As for USN, watch out for them, they may surprise some people and have a decent year after starting out 2-0, behind transfer Jr Matt Addison's 25.0 ppg....

Guest Hoopsfan77

I think Eric Havens from Greenback should definately be on that last, he may be in just single A but hes averaging 30 a game so far in the first 5 games which is amazing no matter what division.

yeah gomab! I want to know why DANE STRAYHORN isn't on the TOP 100 JUNIORS LIST! he is practically one of the best ball players in west tennessee. it's like you don't pay any type of attention to HALLS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS. for the past two seasons, some of our boys be underrated. HALLS HIGH SCHOOL has great ball players. you should look at some of the score books, then figure out who the top 100 players are. these are some of the players from HALLS HIGH SCHOOL you need to look at:

DANE STRAYHORN (Junior)

VINCENT STRAYHORN (Senior)

LAJOEL NANCE (Junior)

THOMAS JONES (Senior) ;)