Forrest-Page

ecu

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand that perspective. Forrest was way up for Westmoreland, but with Page there is emotion. IDK if that's good or bad. And a 4A school beating a 2A school isn't an upset, is it?

Agree on paper 4a school should have no problem with a 2a school, however on the opposite side of the same paper, Forrest can match player for player with Page, therefore classification, in my opinion, for this game is not as relative. I just wander if the Westy game will still be in the Rockets mind or have they moved on and be focused at the task at hand?

Forrest is really becoming a PROGRAM. I'm not saying they are ready for Cookeville, although I'm not saying they AREN'T ready either. I am saying they have played Adamsville (edit: and are learning from those type experiences), for example, and are really doing the little things that it takes to get there. This staff deserves a lot of credit.

Edited by Amerigha

Tomorrow's the day.

2 years ago when I looked at our kids entering Page's turf, I saw kids somewhat in awe. Page has more grandiose facilities, and before you could blink it was 10-0 Page. Forrest fought back and was ahead 24-20 with a minute oR so left, and Page's QB made a play. Page won 27-24.

Last year I think our kids expected to win by virtue of revenge and being at home. We also had a Mr. Football finalist. But next thing you know we were in a dogfight. Forrest controlled much of the game, but found themselves trailing 13-10 in the 3rd. After scoring a TD then missing the PAT, it was 16-13 Forrest, and again, Page's QB made a play. We held them to 3. 16-16.

OT, Forrest goes for 2 and doesn't get it. We had 8 starters out by then.

This year, it's another game,not bigger or smaller. Just business. Forrest is better than last year. It's time for the Rockets to play a complete 4Q, something they haven't done yet this year, even tho they've only given up 7 points in the 3 games.

Edited by Amerigha