Hardin Valley 2-1 (1-0) @Dobyns-Bennett 3-1 (1-0)

Indian423

Great game plan by the Hawks and they have players. Halftime adjustments were made and DB, as young as they are, executed and won the game.

Something has to be done about the Refs in NET. It has gotten to be ridiculous.

This was a gut check. A trap game following Sevier Co and between Maryville. No excuses, I expected a tough Super 32 game and that's what it was.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Upvote 2

I was standing right behind end zone when this happened and what I will say is that 3 HV guys started the whole thing (one started and the others ran to help) ... They pushed first and yeah of course retaliation gets the call , but when the refs are standing there and both players from each team are talking mask to mask after they split them up (call it on both for not leaving each other) ... Yeah yeah people on here only wanta say mouthing off etc. got the call but when it involves this many kids from both teams you can't just call it on one team , especially when the ref has to run to the same HV kid twice and follow him !!!

Can anyone explain the unsportsmanlike conduct calls on DB (2 or 3 back to back) on the same play? Did they ever say what exactly it was?

• Upvote 1

I was standing right behind end zone when this happened and what I will say is that 3 HV guys started the whole thing (one started and the others ran to help) ... They pushed first and yeah of course retaliation gets the call , but when the refs are standing there and both players from each team are talking mask to mask after they split them up (call it on both for not leaving each other) ... Yeah yeah people on here only wanta say mouthing off etc. got the call but when it involves this many kids from both teams you can't just call it on one team , especially when the ref has to run to the same HV kid twice and follow him !!!

You're right, HV should of got the call also and it should of been offsetting penalties. My point is when your in a situation like this with the game on the line you don't "mouth off" and take the chance of getting what they ended up getting. Harden Valley had nothing to lose by getting flagged. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bait DB on purpose. And you can blame the refs all day long but you'd have to be living under a rock to not know by now that DB has a tradition of making mistakes as far as the rule book is concerned. 11 penalties for 120 yrds. last night. With 2 seconds on the clock last night Harden Valley ran two plays because of a interference call. And that call was correct. Take away all those stupid penalties and DB wouldn't of had to depend on the band to win the game for them.  

Sounds like you guys have invested in Knoxville officials.

DB struggled with HVA?? And this guy says DB can hang with Maryville?? Am I in the twilight zone? Where is Alfred? A mediocre West team beat this HVA team. Regardless if the should have won, they didn't. DB will be throttled by Maryville.

DB struggled with HVA?? And this guy says DB can hang with Maryville?? Am I in the twilight zone? Where is Alfred? A mediocre West team beat this HVA team. Regardless if the should have won, they didn't. DB will be throttled by Maryville.

Who is "this guy"?

I've seen a team that was easily a four or five touchdown underdog and every bit that much of a lesser team,come into J Fred and beat DB.With that,yes DB could go into Maryville and beat them.How much would I bet it's going to happen ? Well,I would have bet the farm on DB after the first quarter of that McMinn county playoff game.Yes Maryville is not any other team but anything is possible.I'd bet the same farm against Maryville .............................. with a few points

I've seen a team that was easily a four or five touchdown underdog and every bit that much of a lesser team,come into J Fred and beat DB.With that,yes DB could go into Maryville and beat them.How much would I bet it's going to happen ? Well,I would have bet the farm on DB after the first quarter of that McMinn county playoff game.Yes Maryville is not any other team but anything is possible.I'd bet the same farm against Maryville .............................. with a few points

It's not possible. DB will have more penalties than first downs.

I agree I have seen DBs teams the last five years not know how to shut it up ....

You're right, HV should of got the call also and it should of been offsetting penalties. My point is when your in a situation like this with the game on the line you don't "mouth off" and take the chance of getting what they ended up getting. Harden Valley had nothing to lose by getting flagged. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bait DB on purpose. And you can blame the refs all day long but you'd have to be living under a rock to not know by now that DB has a tradition of making mistakes as far as the rule book is concerned. 11 penalties for 120 yrds. last night. With 2 seconds on the clock last night Harden Valley ran two plays because of a interference call. And that call was correct. Take away all those stupid penalties and DB wouldn't of had to depend on the band to win the game for them.