Hendersonville (4-0 2-0) @ Hillsboro (2-2 1-0)

HighLife

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we will be able to compete with a very talented Hillsboro team. So far this year against the high powered offenses and speed of McGavock, Cane Ridge, Siegel, and Beech those teams are completing 42% of their passes (40 of 96) against our small slow secondary for 725 yds. Our defense is giving up 17.5 points per game. Need to possess the ball this week and get the running game going early. Looking forward to the challenge.

1 other stat, 4 of our guys in the secondary all ran track last year for HHS last year and 3 were on the 4 X 100 relay team. I believe they finished 3rd in the district. You could say technique problems yes, maybe a blown coverage yes, the offensive guy last night just making a play yes, but I don't think it is lack of speed. When you face the spread offenses of 2015 you are going to give up some yards and some points. Do we need to improve on defense sure we do. Do we need to improve on offense sure we do. We will get back to work on Monday to prepare for a very good Hillsboro team..

This game worries me. After studying up on the film im curious as to which hillsboro team will show up. The one that played station camp looked god awful(no offense to hillsboro fans) and the team that played pearl cohn was quite scary. Hillsboro seems to caugh the ball up alot ex: oakland, riverdale, station camp. I obviously want hville to win but idk at this point. We seem to do miles better in the second half so hopefully we can pull away and not get throttled in the first and second quarter.

This game worries me. After studying up on the film im curious as to which hillsboro team will show up. The one that played station camp looked god awful(no offense to hillsboro fans) and the team that played pearl cohn was quite scary. Hillsboro seems to caugh the ball up alot ex: oakland, riverdale, station camp. I obviously want hville to win but idk at this point. We seem to do miles better in the second half so hopefully we can pull away and not get throttled in the first and second quarter.

According to the box scores the Burros had zero turnovers against Riverdale..Hopefully the Burros can keep it close.. Hendersonville is definitely the favorite. One thing going for the Burros is their SOS. Pearl/Oakland/SC/Riverdale in their first 4 games..