Portland vs Pearl Cohn

FBfan26

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland look like a middle school team....Also from there body language they look like they never been hit before.

We were soundly beat in every facet of the game. Except for class by your coaching staff. Your fans were gracious, your players played with intensity as they should. By far the fastest team we have faced in the last 4 years, without question. Also the hardest hitting team I have seen in 4 years as well. Course the PC coaching staff had a point to prove and they proved it. Been a rough start for them so far, I get it. It was homecoming, I get that to. What I dont get, is a coach going for 2 to try and enact the mercy rule half way through the 2nd quarter (we always go for 2 because we dont have a kicker)....it was obvious they were scoring at will anyway, so why do it. But the final act of classlessness, was calling time out with less than 9 seconds in the half just to score. Karma has a weird way of coming around on stuff like that....I have to hand it to your players, they played great and hard. I loved seeing both teams picking up the opposing teams player after a tackle. There were a couple of unsportsmanlike calls on both teams through out the night, and in our case it was stupid and uncalled for. I believe yalls, the player just kept playing till our runner was down and out of bounds. I really didnt expect to see that flag thrown.  It appears after the whooping PC put on Portland tonight, and the same that Hillsboro put on Hville. The metro schools for sure have the athletes this year. PC, yall have a great atmosphere to play in, a great looking school, fantastic food in the concession stand, great fans that support their kids, and a band I could listen to all day. I wish  your players all the best wishes that I can. Yall have some fantastic athletes and kids. The offensive numbers at half time were amazing.  Good luck the rest of the season. 

We were soundly beat in every facet of the game. Except for class by your coaching staff. Your fans were gracious, your players played with intensity as they should. By far the fastest team we have faced in the last 4 years, without question. Also the hardest hitting team I have seen in 4 years as well. Course the PC coaching staff had a point to prove and they proved it. Been a rough start for them so far, I get it. It was homecoming, I get that to. What I dont get, is a coach going for 2 to try and enact the mercy rule half way through the 2nd quarter (we always go for 2 because we dont have a kicker)....it was obvious they were scoring at will anyway, so why do it. But the final act of classlessness, was calling time out with less than 9 seconds in the half just to score. Karma has a weird way of coming around on stuff like that....I have to hand it to your players, they played great and hard. I loved seeing both teams picking up the opposing teams player after a tackle. There were a couple of unsportsmanlike calls on both teams through out the night, and in our case it was stupid and uncalled for. I believe yalls, the player just kept playing till our runner was down and out of bounds. I really didnt expect to see that flag thrown. It appears after the whooping PC put on Portland tonight, and the same that Hillsboro put on Hville. The metro schools for sure have the athletes this year. PC, yall have a great atmosphere to play in, a great looking school, fantastic food in the concession stand, great fans that support their kids, and a band I could listen to all day. I wish your players all the best wishes that I can. Yall have some fantastic athletes and kids. The offensive numbers at half time were amazing. Good luck the rest of the season.

Well I know this is probly your first time seeing the coaches and PC they actually took it light. I never seen them put the freshmen in that fast even after we put 35 up on some teams in the 1Q. We avg. 50+ points last year. Was 1 point short of putting 80 up on White House in the playoffs. They don't mean any harm it's just what they do. Anyways thank you guys and good luck along the way. I look forward to seeing you guys next year when we hit the road.

Thanks Fb you too....we only have 1 Freshman on varsity, and he played the whole game, lol they did take out most of our starters in the 4th. About the same time yall did. Thats a good time to get the less experienced some time in the dirt. LOL my son (27)said he thinks yalls 52 broke both his hips when he fell on him. LOL I looked him up, that kid has some size to him. Yall should do well with the rest of the schedule. Heck I watched #1 in warm ups, kid has a arm. I will have about 600 photos loaded on facebook sometime this weekend, pass them on to any PC parents you want. Just look up Randy Dixon -Portland on facebook. Im processing them now.