Wk. 5 Region 7 – 5A

pilgrim

Pilgrim,  Certainly there are history records that show CHS success over the past 100+ years.  You can't make me believe you don't have a football website showing your history.  Your local paper probably has this information or former coaches/players.

Our alumni club is in the process of putting it all together. We have pictures, film, and trophies. It is just a matter of organizing it. We do have a spot on our new website to fill it in.

Plus our new coaches have really worked hard to bring back our traditions. Our new strength facility is named after Smiley Johnson who played for Georgia and then the Packers in 1940-1941. He later gave the ultimate sacrifice in Iwo Jima as a highly decorated Marine.

This years team is #106. That simple designation has come to really give our boys some perspective as to what they are a part of.

Edited by Pilgrim

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our alumni club is in the process of putting it all together. We have pictures, film, and trophies. It is just a matter of organizing it. We do have a spot on our new website to fill it in.

Plus our new coaches have really worked hard to bring back our traditions. Our new strength facility is named after Smiley Johnson who played for Georgia and then the Packers in 1940-1941. He later gave the ultimate sacrifice in Iwo Jima as a highly decorated Marine.

This years team is #106. That simple designation has come to really give our boys some perspective as to what they are a part of.

Thats good stuff.

Brentwood

Centennial 

Rossview

Henry County

The best game here, by a long shot, is Rossview-Clarksville. I know both of these teams are chomping at the bit to get at each other. Should be a great game. This has turned into a great rivalry in a relativity short period of time ( 13 or 14 years?) as Rossview is a young school. My understanding is it was sold out on Tuesday. This is what High school football is about. 

You sure called it. After the sting wheres off, I think your boys will realized that they may have played in the best game of this series to date. 

I'm going to be routing for you all the rest of the way.

Can you imagine if we ever meet in the playoffs?

Edited by Pilgrim

You sure called it. After the sting wheres off, I think your boys will realized that they may have played in the best game of this series to date. 

I'm going to be routing for you all the rest of the way.

Can you imagine if we ever meet in the playoffs?

Love to see it Pilgrim. We have a tough path to the playoffs now. Not impossible, but difficult. These two early losses killed us. I do know our boys will keep fighting.