Rank the Metro Nashville Programs

WhiteShadow

I think most coaches are concerned with putting kids in college .The question was what is the state of the program .This question encompasses the total package .I am one of the posters that used facilities in his response and I only used it when wins and losses was not a deciding factor. All of my top teams are putting kids in college. All are doing a good job of that.  

My question to you guru is "is putting kids in college" what makes a great football program? My answer would be no. Look at Maryville, CPA, Fulton, TC, etc. These schools have great programs but it's about a lot more than just getting kids in college. 

Lol looks like to some it should have been rank the coaches ability to get kids in college. To my knowledge all students can go to a community school for free so I guess all would be tied.

I have no problem with your list. I just have a problem with people keep saying pearl coaching staff is horrible. But ranking Hillwood ahead of Pearl is crazy to me.

Firebird I did rank Hillsboro above PC partly because of coaching. My opinion Hillsboro has a better staff starting with Clayton. Hard to argue against his level of success and his top two assistants. I agree ranking hillwood above PC is a joke as far as a program. Coach Page is a good coach though and I think you are starting to see his effect on hillwood .

Firebird I did rank Hillsboro above PC partly because of coaching. My opinion Hillsboro has a better staff starting with Clayton. Hard to argue against his level of success and his top two assistants. I agree ranking hillwood above PC is a joke as far as a program. Coach Page is a good coach though and I think you are starting to see his effect on hillwood .

Your list is cool I wouldn't put Overton first tho. I'll take pearl staff over Hillsboro and especially Hillwood staff but that's just me. I see what they do first hand with these kids and it's not easy as people think.

Is it not? That weighs heavier than facilities seeing that metro schools maintenance (or whatever department) is mostly responsible for those facilities not necessarily the coaches. Nothing against you my question was mainly asked do to that crazy list posted.

I think most coaches are concerned with putting kids in college .The question was what is the state of the program .This question encompasses the total package .I am one of the posters that used facilities in his response and I only used it when wins and losses was not a deciding factor. All of my top teams are putting kids in college. All are doing a good job of that.

My question to you guru is "is putting kids in college" what makes a great football program? My answer would be no. Look at Maryville, CPA, Fulton, TC, etc. These schools have great programs but it's about a lot more than just getting kids in college.

Is it not? That weighs heavier than facilities seeing that metro schools maintenance (or whatever department) is mostly responsible for those facilities not necessarily the coaches. Nothing against you my question was mainly asked do to that crazy list posted.

Facilities in Metro are strictly on the HC and his staff. They must maintain and build up facilities as needed. If you need up grades fundraise. Just like college if you need players go get them. If you need facilities raise the money for them. Metros maintenance department will not up keep facilities in Metro and everyone who applies for a HC job knows this and if they don't they shouldn't apply. Edited by jcraigp23

Good point. I wasnt implying that the HC was not responsible for upkeep as far as cleaning paint etc. Im thinking more of lets say the track around the field or the fence around the field, bleachers, lockers, scoreboards, things of that nature. I dont know first hand every school facility conditions so it wouldnt be a heavy factor in the rankings. Thats just my opnion.

Facilities in Metro are strictly on the HC and his staff. They must maintain and build up facilities as needed. If you need up grades fundraise. Just like college if you need players go get them. If you need facilities raise the money for them. Metros maintenance department will not up keep facilities in Metro and everyone who applies for a HC job knows this and if they don't they shouldn't apply.

Edited by footballguru26