Week 6: Heritage at Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three questions for Alcoa fans. 1 Curious if they are planning on playing Maryville in a JV game this year. 2 In the freshman game against Maryville  were there any sophomores on the Alcoa side of the ball in that game. 3. Anyone know when the junior highs play each other and where . Thanks if anyone can help. Alcoa will win Friday Night 49-14

Edited by BarneySox2007

Three questions for Alcoa fans. 1 Curious if they are planning on playing Maryville in a JV game this year. 2 In the freshman game against Maryville were there any sophomores on the Alcoa side of the ball in that game. 3. Anyone know when the junior highs play each other and where . Thanks if anyone can help. Alcoa will win Friday Night 49-14

1. No

2. Should have been 9th graders. Don't know all of them too well yet???

3.Maryville won 7-6 game was at Alcoa

4.Maryville won 7-6

Edited by F5seekshelter

1. No

2. Should have been 9th graders. Don't know all of them too well yet???

3.Maryville won 7-6 game was at Alcoa

4.Maryville won 7-6

Thanks F5. I went to see the freshman game and it could of been 80-0. I was just interested in seeing if the tide could be turning  some. Last year when Alcoa came over and kicked the JV in the tail 35-0 also got my attention. I really was looking forward to another JV game this year to see if my theory was right. Usually when there is that much separation between the two at the junior high and freshman level it's a good glimpse into the future. 

Thanks F5. I went to see the freshman game and it could of been 80-0. I was just interested in seeing if the tide could be turning some. Last year when Alcoa came over and kicked the JV in the tail 35-0 also got my attention. I really was looking forward to another JV game this year to see if my theory was right. Usually when there is that much separation between the two at the junior high and freshman level it's a good glimpse into the future.

Welcome! 👠Was a bit surprised of no JV scheduled game. Not sure of the reason?

If I'm heritage I go ahead and forfeit. Heritage matched up decently with Alcoa last year, throw in a few turnovers and heritage was able to keep it close.

This year heritage doesn't match up well at all. And I think rankin tries to punish heritage for keep it so close last year.

It's a non-district game, I forfeit and spend two weeks getting ready to play Powell. At this point I'd only worry about district games. Heritage has an outside shot of winning the district if they can continue to improve and pull an upset against west.

Would it really be an upset? I fully expect Heritage to beat Knox West & win the district with ease.

Heritage might go 5-5 with wins over Clinton, Powell and Halls. Alcoa will win and West should.

I think Heritage will win that district. They are already 2-0 in district play with wins over South Doyle & Gibbs. They should have no problem beating Powell & Halls. Knox West might be tough for the Mountaineers at first, but I fully expect Heritage to pull away in the second half & clinch the district title.

I think Heritage will win that district. They are already 2-0 in district play with wins over South Doyle & Gibbs. They should have no problem beating Powell & Halls. Knox West might be tough for the Mountaineers at first, but I fully expect Heritage to pull away in the second half & clinch the district title.

Halls had no problem at all with South-Doyle and Heritage went into overtime with them. West is your defending State Champs in 5-A but they lost the coach and a few players but seem to have done a great job so far at 4-1. Their only lost was to Sevier County that went down to the end. Hope your right and I'm wrong but if I were betting my life 5-5 on the high side and 4-6 on the low side. Anyways even if they went 4-6 it's an improvement from last year. Remember when this team hit the bottom they crashed into a million pieces. Even with some improvement the thing that concerns me is the small number of tenth graders that came out for football so they have combined them with the freshmen. I would want to think they shouldn't be in that situation in the coaches 4th year.

"Heritage plays in such a tough region."

-said no one, ever

This thread has been surprisingly quiet........

I'll agree our new region is very weak but were coming off being in the same region as two state champions the last four years and farragut and hardin valley weren't cupcake teams either.