Morristown West (4-1) at Knox Central (4-0)

Knox Central has been very impressive this season. Hats off to Coach Rosser for completely turning that football program around. Knox Central does have one of the better defenses in the area. Coach Slade has done a great job. Through 4 games, the Bobcats' defense has surrendered 5.0 points per game. That statistic is even more impressive when you take into consideration the fact that Knox Central's defense allowed 37.0 points per game during the 2013 season & 32.0 points per game during the 2014 season. With that being said, Knox Central's offense has left much to be desired. The offensive performances against South Doyle & Carter were ugly.

Morristown West is also having a great year. This a team that brought back nearly every starter from a tough 5A State Playoff squad the year before. The Trojans narrowly lost to Fulton 9-12 to begin the year before handling two good football teams (Greeneville & Jefferson County). The defense is solid, but the difference will be Morristown West's RB. Delaney can play & will eventually wear down Central.

Knox Central has vastly improved their program, but I believe they are still a year or two away from consistently competing with "playoff caliber" teams. I would like to see the Bobcats return to their former glory. The old Maryville-Central battles were fun to watch. Although my Rebels owned them!

Morristown West wins this one close.

Morristown West: 17

Knoxville Central: 10

Knox Central has been very impressive this season. Hats off to Coach Rosser for completely turning that football program around. Knox Central does have one of the better defenses in the area. Coach Slade has done a great job. Through 4 games, the Bobcats' defense has surrendered 5.0 points per game. That statistic is even more impressive when you take into consideration the fact that Knox Central's defense allowed 37.0 points per game during the 2013 season & 32.0 points per game during the 2014 season. With that being said, Knox Central's offense has left much to be desired. The offensive performances against South Doyle & Carter were ugly.

Morristown West is also having a great year. This a team that brought back nearly every starter from a tough 5A State Playoff squad the year before. The Trojans narrowly lost to Fulton 9-12 to begin the year before handling two good football teams (Greeneville & Jefferson County). The defense is solid, but the difference will be Morristown West's RB. Delaney can play & will eventually wear down Central.

Knox Central has vastly improved their program, but I believe they are still a year or two away from consistently competing with "playoff caliber" teams. I would like to see the Bobcats return to their former glory. The old Maryville-Central battles were fun to watch. Although my Rebels owned them!

Morristown West wins this one close.

Morristown West: 17

Knoxville Central: 10

Saying the West defense is "solid" is really discrediting how dominant they've been this year.  They're allowing just 7 points a game against a pretty tough schedule, and if you take away the points scored in garbage time against their backups that number goes down to just over 4 points a game. Delaney gets all the attention and rightly so but West's other division 1 player, Calvin Smith, is an absolute game changer at safety. 2 pick 6s already this year, and one of the best open field tacklers I've seen at the high school level.  If this game is close late look for Smith to make a play on defense to secure a win for West. 

Edited by motownanddown

Saying the West defense is "solid" is really discrediting how dominant they've been this year.  They're allowing just 7 points a game against a pretty tough schedule, and if you take away the points scored in garbage time against their backups that number goes down to just over 4 points a game. Delaney gets all the attention and rightly so but West's other division 1 player, Calvin Smith, is an absolute game changer at safety. 2 pick 6s already this year, and one of the best open field tacklers I've seen at the high school level.  If this game is close late look for Smith to make a play on defense to secure a win for West. 

They have a solid defense.

Saying the West defense is "solid" is really discrediting how dominant they've been this year. They're allowing just 7 points a game against a pretty tough schedule, and if you take away the points scored in garbage time against their backups that number goes down to just over 4 points a game. Delaney gets all the attention and rightly so but West's other division 1 player, Calvin Smith, is an absolute game changer at safety. 2 pick 6s already this year, and one of the best open field tacklers I've seen at the high school level. If this game is close late look for Smith to make a play on defense to secure a win for West.

I still couldn't believe he fielded those punts at the last possible second last week, but I'm glad he did on that one that he ran back 51 yards.

Talk about domination, Cocke County had negative yardage until the end of the first quarter, and their quarterbacks combined for 5 yards passing (both on our first string and backups). THAT is domination.

I'm just glad that prep xtra selected this one for its game of the week.  Can't wait to tune in and watch.  I'm pulling for Coach Rosser and the Bobcats but I think Mo W. wins this one.  I think they have the better defense and the best RB  on the field.  Hope I'm wrong.  Go Central

This game is televised? All I see is Rockwood and Harriman. Oh boy!