Classless Scott Tidwell move

bigchief

Coach Scott Tillman up 38-7 in the 4th quarter decides he needs to score another TD from 13 yards out with 22 seconds left instead of having class and taking a knee.

Then to solidify his jerk status, he  onside kicks. Lost all respect for you tonight Scott.

And before any of you LA backers come on and embarass yourself saying it it the defense's job to stop the ball just save your hot air. The onside kick cannot be explained other than a classless jerk move. Stuff like this always comes back to get you.

And yes I will tell him this myself also.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness to Coach, I think a little context is warranted before you smear the name of a good man. First of all, I didn't like the last score but it was 4th down and LA ran a very simple full back dive. If they took a knee, the ball would have been turned over on downs. It is rare that a team takes a knee without the ability to run out the clock.

As for the "on sides" kick, that is laughable. Anyone who has watched LA play over the last several years knows that most of their kicks are pooch kicks with the intent of not allowing a return. That is what happened all night. If memory serves the kick was fair caught...it was not an on sides kick. What is the point of an onsides kick with 22 seconds left and a running clock?...didn't happen

I truly hope you are man enough to talk to Coach in person.

In all fairness to Coach, I think a little context is warranted before you smear the name of a good man. First of all, I didn't like the last score but it was 4th down and LA ran a very simple full back dive. If they took a knee, the ball would have been turned over on downs. It is rare that a team takes a knee without the ability to run out the clock.

As for the "on sides" kick, that is laughable. Anyone who has watched LA play over the last several years knows that most of their kicks are pooch kicks with the intent of not allowing a return. That is what happened all night. If memory serves the kick was fair caught...it was not an on sides kick. What is the point of an onsides kick with 22 seconds left and a running clock?...didn't happen

I truly hope you are man enough to talk to Coach in person.

Well written inaugural post. Welcome to the T. Edited by plumb69

Sounds like SC and DC need to swap Stone for GP. A extra win would look mighty pretty for our two bad teams. What do you think Smith Homie Twan?

Smith Homie Twan...I will take that as a compliment. It kinda looks like Holder injury did make a huge difference. SC did beat MC with him having a big game. He had 230 yds at LA. As far as the extra win...really doesn't matter much under current format.

Coach Scott Tidwell up 38-7 in the 4th quarter decides he needs to score another TD from 13 yards out with 22 seconds left instead of having class and taking a knee.

Then to solidify his jerk status, he onside kicks. Lost all respect for you tonight Scott.

And before any of you LA backers come on and embarass yourself saying it it the defense's job to stop the ball just save your hot air. The onside kick cannot be explained other than a classless jerk move. Stuff like this always comes back to get you.

And yes I will tell him this myself also.

It's Tillman, not Tidwell, moron. Anyone from gp calling anyone else classless is the most comical thing I have ever read.

Thanks plum...long time reader of the boards but had to create an account this morning just to set the record straight...

Tate

The only problem with your post is that it was false. Pooch kicks? 3 of them went into the end zone in the air for touchbacks. Not pooch kicks.

Also the onside kick was caught by the front row. Fair catch? No.

As for you blowdust, your name fits you well.

Defend it all you want. Classless move. I have no problem telling him that myself.

And yes I know his name. I have even heard him speak in my church. That is why I find his action to be such bad sportsmanship. Guess I expected more from him. Shouldn't have obviously.