Rossview @ Henry County

redblooded

We will have success throwing the ball for sure. We are the best passing team Henry County has seen so far and should be able to score a lot of points. We struggled to stop CHS, but shut Dickson down and should have a good chance at slowing Henry County down now that our defense is clicking! I'm saying 42-28 Hawks!

LOL, I am entertained, Rossview has scored more than 30 points 2 times, averaging 26 points a game, and playing a team that did not surrender a point in September, and you think you are gonna score 42 on them.  Coming off of a 12 point scoring outburst against Dickson County.   Rossview is a very respectful football team and capable of beating HC,  By the  way  HC has given up more than 28 points in a game 1 time in the past 3 seasons.  I am still LOL

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will have success throwing the ball for sure. We are the best passing team Henry County has seen so far and should be able to score a lot of points. We struggled to stop CHS, but shut Dickson down and should have a good chance at slowing Henry County down now that our defense is clicking! I'm saying 42-28 Hawks!

How much better is this Rossview offensive unit compared to the last couple that lost to the Big Red? Because this defense is superior those.

I understand this ... well, I don't know if understand is quite the right word to use, but I think that this poster's confidence in the Hawks passing game is pretty high. However, I would like a comparison between Rossview's passing game as compared to Houston's passing game. Whitehaven has played two teams this year with fantastic passing games. Arlington and Houston. I'm curious now how this Rossview passing game stacks up against Houston's. When this game is over I'd love to hear from the Henry Countians on this.

The comment that this poster made above, may or may not be accurate. I know that the Houston passing attack is pretty dog gone good.

Edited by kwc

I understand this ... well, I don't know if understand is quite the right word to use, but I think that this poster's confidence in the Hawks passing game is pretty high. However, I would like a comparison between Rossview's passing game as compared to Houston's passing game. Whitehaven has played two teams this year with fantastic passing games. Arlington and Houston. I'm curious now how this Rossview passing game stacks up against Houston's. When this game is over I'd love to hear from the Henry Countians on this.

The comment that this poster made above, may or may not be accurate. I know that the Houston passing attack is pretty dog gone good.

How was Houston's passing against Whitehaven?

I'll tell you up front that I highly doubt Rossview's passing attack is as good as Houston's.  We'll find out Friday I guess.  

I say bring the passing.  

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.  I said before and repeat now, this coaching staff will have addressed that issue several weeks ago.  Gallatin learned really quickly that our pass defense wasn't to be taken for granted.  Nothing like a quick interception or a cracked armpit bone to make that a really clear point.

To summarize:

Rossview has beat 1-5 East Nashville, 2-4 Dickson County (barely), 2-4 Station Camp (barely), Beech (barely) and lost to 3-3 Brentwood and lost to our common competitor Clarksville at home (who we tooled) and you predict you'll beat us at our place by 2 touchdowns?

Do you realize your average win margin is less than a touchdown and that the only team you beat by more than one score is now 1-5 and that 2 of the remaining 3 are 2-4?

Congratulations on your 48-46 defeat of Beech (who has 4 wins, one of which is against a competitor over .500).

Anyway, I think our boys will be ready.

The only chance Rossview will have to score A SINGLE POINT on HC's defense is if the entire defense is sidelined due to deathly illness. That being said, Rossview's best offensive strategy would be to infiltrate the Patriot's pre-game meal and poison their food. Even if this is successful, I still take HC by 28.

Easy now Swarm.

This is about as crazy as RossviewFootballDad's post.

Lets keep it REAL.

I say bring the passing.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised. I said before and repeat now, this coaching staff will have addressed that issue several weeks ago. Gallatin learned really quickly that our pass defense wasn't to be taken for granted. Nothing like a quick interception or a cracked armpit bone to make that a really clear point.

We will bring the passing and you bring your umbrella because we are going to be raining on your 4 game shutout parade.

The weather was bad Friday and that slowed our offense down some but the weather is supposed to great this week and we will be primed and ready.

GO HAWKS!

Rossview could still provide a good test, however. I do hear their offense is very skilled.

Finally, someone from Henry County who gets it. We are great at passing, Henry County (according to all of you HC people on this board) has struggled defending the pass. This will be the biggest test Henry County faces all year