Rossview @ Henry County

redblooded

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of them were deep passes.  They spread us out with 4 WR's most of the time and had at least 2 deep options almost ever play.  It was frustrating to see, but it put a lot of mistakes on film that I think the defense learned from.   

I suspect that Rossview will put what your DBs learned from the Houston game to the test.

Whitehaven was in a similar situation. We put what we learned against Arlington to the test when we played Houston. The QBs were different, but the quick release was similar. When ever Houston tried to throw deep, our DL made the Houston QB's life difficult. But, the short passes were crisp and on point. However, our DBs were prepared and played well. Those Houston WRs can catch the ball and the Houston QB was pretty accurate.

I suspect that the Rossview WRs can catch as well. If they, Rossview, can run a short passing game efficiently, your DBs will just have to be disciplined and make sure tackles. Make it a long night for the Rossview offense to work it's way down the field.

Edited by kwc

I'm starting to think this guy is a CHS plant to get the Patriots all fired up or just friendly trash talk. Rossview is extremely young. Beating HC will be a great challenge. I will say I have seen only one game where passing was a priority by Rossview. The history has always been the run and there is some talent there. Is it good enough, we'll have to see Friday night. They can pass and they can run. Like I said earlier, Rossview is like a box of chocolate, you don't know what your going to get. I do know what to expect from the Patriots, a very tough defense.Apparently, their offense is not bad either. Looking forward to a great game.

We are young but we are a great program. We might not beat Henry County (especially with all of the rain we had today causing mud and maybe taking away our speed advantage) but we have to believe in our kids.

Edited by RossviewFootballDad

We are young but we are a great program. We might not beat Henry County (especially with all of the rain we had today causing mud and maybe taking away our speed advantage) but we have to believe in our kids.

Sorry RFB, but you will need to find a different excuse, cause it didnt rain much at all in Paris today. Field will be in good shape Friday.

Edited by BigRedRealist

Over the last 6 years  HC 230  Rossview 70   3 running clocks in 6 years.   We will give you an average of 12 points over that 6 year stretch.   I love your belief in your sons team however, you have no clue about Henry County football.    Rossview may upset HC and may score 42 points but to score 42 points against them, your hawks will need some defensive scores and special team scores.   If Dickson and Brentwood can shut down your Tom Brady air attack, then so can the Patriots.   Looking great against bad teams is a step in the right direction but looking great against great teams is a tall order.   Good luck and may you learn to respect a team that has won 6 straight against the Hawks. 

“Neither rain nor snow, nor sleet nor dark of night shall stay the Henry County defense from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.â€

I like your enthusiasm for your team! Believe in them all the way, in victory or defeat, and be proud. Rossview does have a great program and Henry County does respect that, especially in recent years! But come Friday Night, all is out the door and the Patriots are going to come out strong and make a historic attempt at another shutout!

Go Big RED!!!

Sorry RFB, but you will need to find a different excuse, cause it didnt rain much at all in Paris today. Field will be in good shape Friday.

You just made my week.  

I was all prepared to go to Clarksville Friday, and probably would have.  I agree.  It was the perfect rain to make the field perfect by Friday night.  

“Neither rain nor snow, nor sleet nor dark of night shall stay the Henry County defense from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.â€

Or, as Thomas Pynchon said:

". . . neither tempest nor strife, nor fierce beasts, nor the loneliness of the desert, nor yet the illegitimate usurpers of our rightful estate, can deter our couriers"