Brentwood Academy vs. Ensworth

baylorbigdog1976

BA's suspect and confusing play calling at times is a concern.

Did Ensworth's young team grow up in the second half against CPA?

Will BA come out to play 4 quarters?

Respect but no love lost between the 2 football teams -

Ensworth has owned BA the last 5-6 years with the exception of the one win at home for BA.

I am not sure BA has won at Ensworth since the first few years Ensorth was a high school.

BA should have an advantage this year.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Yes, impressive win by Ensworth. CPA looked like the better team in the first half, with E having almost no offense. CPA had a few nice drives, but their scores were on big plays. Other than that, E played a pretty strong bend but don't break defense.

Completely different game in the second half. E ran the ball well and had very timely throws. Their QB looked really good when he had time to throw- strong arm. E won the field position battle, as CPA started inside their 15 on every drive in the second half (I think).

All that to say, BA should have a significant size and speed advantage. BA had an extra week to prepare with the bye last week. No doubt E has some wrinkles they didn't show against CPA. But, there's also no doubt E will not show all their wrinkles Friday, either, since they may play each other in the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to the game. They should bring out the best in each other.

I can't remember a year when BA didn't have better athletes and more talent than Ensworth. But, Ensworth almost always found a way. This years Ensworth team is the worst team in their short history. So, if BA can't do it this

year they may never do it. Normally I would predict BA by 3 touchdowns. But,with Ricky on the sidelines who knows.....

I sure hope so. It's been a decade since BA has added a trophy to the football case. I hope they are hungry enough to bring one home. If BA can win this Friday night - the following weeks matchup against MBA (at home ) will have the atmosphere of the BA vs. Ensworth game the year before last . The winner will be in the drivers seat for home field advantage. Still a long way to go in D2

Good to see you guys having another great year. I watched some of the Fulton game and Alcoa . Need to get over there one of these days.

I think BA gets things going and wins it all this year .

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Ensworth does a masterful job of diminishing the opposition's advantages.  BA likes to wear the opposition down by spreading the field to make the defense cover the whole field and snapping the ball very early to run more plays.  If BA gets a few first downs, the defense is gassed, and one missed tackle results in a big play.  When Ensworth gets the ball, they take their time and bleed the clock, snapping the ball with just a few seconds on the play clock.  Fewer possessions, which puts the emphasis on making each possession count - execution, eliminate turnovers, and reduce penalties.  Ensworth is always superior in those areas.

I look forward to seeing this match up!

• Upvote 1