William Blount @ Science Hill

Governm

Gov remember three weeks ago I told you they would lose out and go 2-8 and lose the playoff game going 2-9. Looking more and more like that's going to happen. It will take time to turn this team around but it wasn't going to happen overnight.

Barney,

The Govs had 14 point leads over Bearden and Jeff Co. They could and should be competing at a high level and winning now. They simply lack a winning mindset and discipline. I don't know if Shad will be able to get rid of the loser mentality that has been stuck to this football program for years. When they have leads they let up and when they face adversity like they did early in the game tonight they give up. If they could find a winning mentality they would go far but it looks as if they have given up on this season. I hope I'm wrong about that.

91, you have played DB already and now you are seeing SH, which one is better?

It's impossible to tell because WB played about as bad as a team could possibly play tonight. When we played DB we did not have consecutive bad snaps on punts that led to 2 TDs and a safety like we did tonight. Those early special teams miscues really took the wind out of our sails. Edited by Governors91

It's impossible to tell because WB played about as bad as a team could possibly play tonight. When we played DB we did not have 3 consecutive bad snaps on punts that led to 2 TDs and a safety like we did tonight. Those early special teams miscues really took the wind out of our sails.

since Bradley beat db honestly science hill looked better

Hardin valley beat jeff co tonight Bradley beat db willy b is the weak link this yr

We should have beaten Bearden and Jeff Co. But then again I say that about several teams every year. Nothing ever changes. Death,taxes, and the mediocrity that is WB. Edited by Governors91

We just got killed with pass and turnover tonight they wasn't able to run ball all night especially in 2nd half

This was a complete beat down. Not sure the WB kids wanted to be there. The 2nd half SHHS just went through the motions. The first half you guys just couldn't make plays. 2,36 24 are good players. You just couldn't make plays.

If we don't win next year we won't win for a long time.

Next year will probably be a little better, so that is good. But never count a team out (such as the 2017, 2018 teams)...groups of kids that may not look great as younger players sometimes develop really well in HS under different coaching, and just plain old maturity.