Clinton @ CAK

Govolsknox

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a current CAK parent with a senior player this year, it saddens me to hear a fellow CAK "follower" make comments like this.  Evidently he has not been to any of the games this year.  We have lost 3 starters for the year and this team continues to build character.  This team has not quit and will not quit til the last snap of the season.  This team has shown more heart than any other team in the past few years.  I suggest you walk down the sideline during the game before you make any further comments and decide whether or not this team could "carry the water" for any other team.  Maybe you should sit on Alcoa side during the upcoming game if you are that fascinated by their team.  

I'm afraid you might not have picked up on the sarcasm/facetiousness in GoVolsKnox's post.  He was, I'm pretty sure, just being facetious in his comment about CAK not being able to carry Alcoa's water.  If you haven't been lurking about on CoachT very long, you might not be aware that a few Alcoa posters are notorious for being a bit pompous, etc., most of them in a playful way (although there have been a few who seemed to have really let the legendary success of Alcoa's program go to their heads).  For the most part, they're just being playful, and I'm pretty sure GoVols was just playing along with their banter.  His posts (the ones that aren't tongue in cheek bantering with an Alcoa fan) are firmly and consistently supportive of the Warriors.

As a current CAK parent with a senior player this year, it saddens me to hear a fellow CAK "follower" make comments like this.  Evidently he has not been to any of the games this year.  We have lost 3 starters for the year and this team continues to build character.  This team has not quit and will not quit til the last snap of the season.  This team has shown more heart than any other team in the past few years.  I suggest you walk down the sideline during the game before you make any further comments and decide whether or not this team could "carry the water" for any other team.  Maybe you should sit on Alcoa side during the upcoming game if you are that fascinated by their team.  

That one sailed right over your head. There is no bigger CAK fan than GVK.

As a current CAK parent with a senior player this year, it saddens me to hear a fellow CAK "follower" make comments like this. Evidently he has not been to any of the games this year. We have lost 3 starters for the year and this team continues to build character. This team has not quit and will not quit til the last snap of the season. This team has shown more heart than any other team in the past few years. I suggest you walk down the sideline during the game before you make any further comments and decide whether or not this team could "carry the water" for any other team. Maybe you should sit on Alcoa side during the upcoming game if you are that fascinated by their team.

I apologize if my sarcasm, and the history of CAK and Alcoa banter on Coach T were lost on you. My comments were a bit Lou Holtz like. Having said that I was at every CAK game long before you had a son on the team, and I will be there till the clock reads all zeros long after you have moved on. Best of luck to your son.

Thank you to W11 and Scots50 for the very kind comments. Those of you who know me know that my love of CAK and in particular the CAK football program go well beyond participation while my children attended. I will be one of the first ones there, and last to leave when we visit Alcoa, band burgers in hand, and firmly planted on the visitors side 😉

You might get scissor-kicked out of our Sperrys back to Dutchtown pretty boy....unless you buy two burgers.....with fries.

Haha you got it! You have no idea how easy it is to talk me into two! I'd enjoy buying you one too; just stay away from mine. Hit me up, and I'll buy you a burger, while we see how that scissors kick goes for you my friend! :rolleyes:

Thank you to W11 and Scots50 for the very kind comments. Those of you who know me know that my love of CAK and in particular the CAK football program go well beyond participation while my children attended. I will be one of the first ones there, and last to leave when we visit Alcoa, band burgers in hand, and firmly planted on the visitors side

I apologize if my sarcasm, and the history of CAK and Alcoa banter on Coach T were lost on you. My comments were a bit Lou Holtz like. Having said that I was at every CAK game long before you had a son on the team, and I will be there till the clock reads all zeros long after you have moved on. Best of luck to your son.

How many times do I need to tell you to use that "sarcasm font"?

Some people are a little touchy and slow. LOL

Edited by IrishBBall