Week 8: Westview (2-4;1-2) at South Gibson (6-0;3-0) (Class 3A-Region 7)

NotNoahHouck

Liberty- loss, Dyersburg- Loss, Milan- maybe?

I am not totally shocked by this score. If you can stop Beal and Hicks, you usually have a game. The key to weakview is making them pass the ball. SGHS must have had a really weak schedule.

Even though it was a jamboree contest, Milan was a lot weaker than Martin when they faced the mighty Lions from Dresden. Westview had excellent line play against Dresden and has been the toughest test to date. They usually get better as the season goes, so I guess if they can win out--that'll make them 3rd or 4th place for playoff seeding.

Good luck SGHS the rest of the way.

Milan maybe??....do the math...SG lost by 25 at home to Westview....Milan beat WV on the road by 17....and Dresden fans...get over the jamboree....win 4 Gold balls like Milan then we'll talk...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan maybe??....do the math...SG lost by 25 at home to Westview....Milan beat WV on the road by 17....and Dresden fans...get over the jamboree....win 4 Gold balls like Milan then we'll talk...

Just being factual. Congrats on your last gold ball in 1999---it was an impressive win. I'm sure you correct Seniors were probably two at the time and were watching from their cribs. 

LOL

Edited by TheReaper

Just being factual. Congrats on your last gold ball in 1999---it was an impressive win. I'm sure you correct Seniors were probably two at the time and were watching from their cribs. 

LOL

and where were the Dresden seniors?...one having visions of going to Briarcrest and sitting the bench?...and remind me...when was the last time the Dred won a gold ball...oh...that's right...never...(lol)

Edited by cofo

You'll have to ignore Reaper coach. You can't win an argument against stupid.

I kinda realized that from the get go BPM...Dresden and state championship are like naked and grandmother...doesn't sound right in the same sentence...granted Dres' QB is prob the best player in West TN....they won't get by Huntingdon....the 'Stangs are the real deal....

Edited by cofo

and where were the Dresden seniors?...one having visions of going to Briarcrest and sitting the bench?...and remind me...when was the last time the Dred won a gold ball...oh...that's right...never...(lol)

They were in the 2nd grade too worried about recess. I believe that would be around 1987 or so (baseball).

He wasn't sitting on the bench in Henry County the night Dresden played Milan and I was actually feeling sorry for the fall of Milan to the degree of a blowout in 2 quarters. That was the closest to a running clock in any jamboree around here.  Keep living off your history--take that history and a buck and you can almost buy a Coke with it. If I were Milan supporters, I'd be more concerned about Coach Morris leaving in the next year or so. If we are hearing it up here, then I know it's probably deafening down there. Keep working, the kid from Peabody will be graduating this year and you may reclaim your position as Gibson County's best high school team. A 2 year hiatus from that role probably makes you and your boyfriends pretty sick down there.

Edited by TheReaper