Henry County @ Dickson County

redblooded

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No woody I do not have child that plays or even in school I would dare say I and old effect to be your father. In Dickson you have 5 elementary schools feeding one big middle school that in turns feed the high school. With your math dickson should have about 90 kids out for football at the high school this is not the case. The leave for a reason you work that on out

I Would do a lot better job than the people we have in place here. They would enjoy playing the game unlike now they be excited about playing making tackles big plays on offense. Not walking around looking like they are lost shirt tails out sloppy sloppy football missed tackles giving up on play I can keep going and going

One thing is for sure, it just doesn't add up for Dickson to be down for as long as they have been. Prior to this year, Dickson was always in the largest class of high school. Meaning that they were larger for school population than Henry County was. So one would surmise that with a larger population, you could pick from the talent pool. Now, Creekwood did arise and reduce the school size - but not enough to bring the school down from 6A over the past several years. So why is Dickson down? I don't know the answer. Coaching? Feeder schools? Talent? Only someone inside the system would have that answer. I just want to see Dickson as competitive again - a good rival! Doesn't mean that I don't want the Patriots to stripe them good Friday night, but I hate to see a storied program in the state that it currently is...

So many use this same excuse about why HC is so good, but in the end the math rarely adds up and it is just a lame excuse.

Here are the current enrollment numbers for both these schools for 10th through 12th grades only:

Henry County - 991

Dickson County - 1,094

That's how many students they have to draw from.

Henry County has a football PROGRAM that consist of Players, Coaches, Leaders, Mentors, and Supporters.

Dickson County has a TEAM with players and coaches.

So many use this same excuse about why HC is so good, but in the end the math rarely adds up and it is just a lame excuse.

Here are the current enrollment numbers for both these schools for 10th through 12th grades only:

Henry County - 991

Dickson County - 1,094

That's how many students they have to draw from.

Henry County has a football PROGRAM that consist of Players, Coaches, Leaders, Mentors, and Supporters.

Dickson County has a TEAM with players and coaches.

Very well put Pilgrim, great post.

Wow ! This topic has definitely peaked some interest !  Looking back in the past I'm sure Henry County had some dark days as well with losing seasons and despair.  If I remember correctly DC went to the 2nd round of the playoffs just 3 years ago with a 10-2 record. That was a very talented team. That team had 2 players that now plays at UT Martin (a kicker and a LB) a TE/LB /Punter that starts at UT Knoxville leading the SEC in punting and others that went on to play in college.  Talent is a tricky thing....you have it or you don't !  Enrollment doesn't matter if talent is not there.  I believe it is not great right now but this team is very young.  A freshman running back, a sophomore receiver and 3-4 junior receivers as well as a junior quarterback.  No excuses, just sharing information that a former 60 year old Dad that had a son that never got to play in DC doesn't know.  If he had been at DC that long he should know the past.  3 years ago the staff was there that is basically there now.  Someone other than me from DC that would like to post chime in !  I don't have the answers....just sharing what I know.  Parents are always bitter when their child sits the bench.

Wow ! This topic has definitely peaked some interest !  Looking back in the past I'm sure Henry County had some dark days as well with losing seasons and despair.  If I remember correctly DC went to the 2nd round of the playoffs just 3 years ago with a 10-2 record. That was a very talented team. That team had 2 players that now plays at UT Martin (a kicker and a LB) a TE/LB /Punter that starts at UT Knoxville leading the SEC in punting and others that went on to play in college.  Talent is a tricky thing....you have it or you don't !  Enrollment doesn't matter if talent is not there.  I believe it is not great right now but this team is very young.  A freshman running back, a sophomore receiver and 3-4 junior receivers as well as a junior quarterback.  No excuses, just sharing information that a former 60 year old Dad that had a son that never got to play in DC doesn't know.  If he had been at DC that long he should know the past.  3 years ago the staff was there that is basically there now.  Someone other than me from DC that would like to post chime in !  I don't have the answers....just sharing what I know.  Parents are always bitter when their child sits the bench.

I get what you're saying, but there has to be more talent that is not being developed or put in football pads in that school.  Just has to be.  I've heard nothing but great things about DC's coach, and I believe it because not many people are still around after the last couple of years Dickson has had.  

What happened against NE last week? Seems Dickson had been competitive in almost every game this season up to that one.  Injuries? Have they mailed it in for the season?

Woody my son never played any sports at Dickson it's me that follows the cougars and the Patriots and yes I know I they are young but they will always be young if they quit the program early like most do. You know woody talent is great and it a good thing to have. But that does not make a good team a will to win heart is the most important thing you say that the talent pool is down in Dickson county so I guest the will to win and heart is down too. I would say they fall under the coach's job right by they I have been living in Dickson for over 15 years he the coach has only had 3 winning seasons the coach befor him also was let go for losing and that was befor creek wood came about