Henry County @ Dickson County

redblooded

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried to post on here 10 days ago but it didnt load...too many ppl to quote and acknowledge

lot of kind words about our team at Liberty, so thank you all...we have worked incredibly hard to get where we are since Hookfin took over in 2007 and now 2015 with Coach Turner

with the belief that to be the best you have to play the best and beat the best, we have become somewhat of a force in west TN high school football

that starts yearly with Henry Co...the program we try to emulate

under hookfin and now turner we have played some of the toughest high school football schedules in the state...there arent many who could compare when stepping out of district/region   Henry Co, MUS, Brentwood Academy, North Side...our other games have always been scheduled a class up

most of our injuries have occurred preseason or within the 1st game or two...so we get most of the year to recover

playoff success takes more than just talented athletes as HC well knows...discipline has cost us many a game when it mattered most...over the 10+ years that ive seen Liberty play, not many squads can put the athletes on the field that we do week in and week out...especially in the classes we have played in...maybe im a homer...but few and far between are the games that we are not favored in...so when we lose...particularly in class, its very disappointing to think that we may not have been out played...but still came away with an L

in 2011 Liberty saw the 50 yard line 1x @ Henry Co...twice if u count the coin flip...words were exchanged amongst players and coaches...and yes...we went home and practiced/conditioned for a good hour and a half while parents complained in the stands...one of the greatest coaching moments i have ever witnessed...also the last time our stands were full on the home side HA!!!

We are not where we want to be...but i think we are headed in the right direction if the school board doesnt screw it up...my favorite game year in and year out is with The Big Red...i do not expect it do be scrapped

Will you guys be attending the all star game in Jackson on December 11???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.