Henry County @ Dickson County

redblooded

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ! This topic has definitely peaked some interest !  Looking back in the past I'm sure Henry County had some dark days as well with losing seasons and despair.  If I remember correctly DC went to the 2nd round of the playoffs just 3 years ago with a 10-2 record. That was a very talented team. That team had 2 players that now plays at UT Martin (a kicker and a LB) a TE/LB /Punter that starts at UT Knoxville leading the SEC in punting and others that went on to play in college.  Talent is a tricky thing....you have it or you don't !  Enrollment doesn't matter if talent is not there.  I believe it is not great right now but this team is very young.  A freshman running back, a sophomore receiver and 3-4 junior receivers as well as a junior quarterback.  No excuses, just sharing information that a former 60 year old Dad that had a son that never got to play in DC doesn't know.  If he had been at DC that long he should know the past.  3 years ago the staff was there that is basically there now.  Someone other than me from DC that would like to post chime in !  I don't have the answers....just sharing what I know.  Parents are always bitter when their child sits the bench.

Henry County did have some rough times about 12 years ago. We hired a head coach who brought an energy and enthusiasm that was GREATLY needed (Joe Gaddis). The players and community would run through a brick wall for him. We went from 2-8 one year to playing in a state semi-final two years later. From what I gather, the Dickson Co. football program needs some fresh blood.

Wow ! This topic has definitely peaked some interest ! Looking back in the past I'm sure Henry County had some dark days as well with losing seasons and despair. If I remember correctly DC went to the 2nd round of the playoffs just 3 years ago with a 10-2 record. That was a very talented team. That team had 2 players that now plays at UT Martin (a kicker and a LB) a TE/LB /Punter that starts at UT Knoxville leading the SEC in punting and others that went on to play in college. Talent is a tricky thing....you have it or you don't ! Enrollment doesn't matter if talent is not there. I believe it is not great right now but this team is very young. A freshman running back, a sophomore receiver and 3-4 junior receivers as well as a junior quarterback. No excuses, just sharing information that a former 60 year old Dad that had a son that never got to play in DC doesn't know. If he had been at DC that long he should know the past. 3 years ago the staff was there that is basically there now. Someone other than me from DC that would like to post chime in ! I don't have the answers....just sharing what I know. Parents are always bitter when their child sits the bench.

You sound more like a whiner than a wino.

You basically described our team with sophomores, Junior QB, etc.

You have a 10 percent larger pool at Dickson County from which to develop talent. Don't know why that's not working out but don't suggest Henry County has some special advantage.

You sound more like a whiner than a wino.

You basically described our team with sophomores, Junior QB, etc.

You have a 10 percent larger pool at Dickson County from which to develop talent. Don't know why that's not working out but don't suggest Henry County has some special advantage.

Facts, I'm sure you remember the lady who came on our thread complaining about our lack of class for coming on the field post game for the team prayer and celebration three years ago.. I don't remember if she was a parent, staff or just a fan but she felt that  we disrespected them for doing this during their singing of their alma mater, apparently a DC post game tradition.What do you recall about that situation?

GO BIG RED

Facts, I'm sure you remember the lady who came on our thread complaining about our lack of class for coming on the field post game for the team prayer and celebration three years ago.. I don't remember if she was a parent, staff or just a fan but she felt that we disrespected them for doing this during their singing of their alma mater, apparently a DC post game tradition.What do you recall about that situation?

GO BIG RED

I recall mainly there being a major misunderstanding about who was to clean up the stands the morning after. She thought the band parents were supposed to, but was very upset that the quarterback club had got there first.

I think all that bled out of her concerns about our class, or perceived lack thereof. I really, really hope she hasn't left Coach T.

Probably be worth finding and reposting that dialogue!

Edited by FactsOnly

The DC tradition is to line up on the near hash and hold hands while the band plays there alma mater. Nice tradition most schools do not play there alma mater anymore at football games. I think the person you spoke of has since moved on. That maybe the only fight henry county will find hard to win the game should go our way 54-0