Henry County @ Dickson County

redblooded

I've heard good things about Southwind and Munford, but I haven't seen either one.

And coming back towards the midstate, also can't forget Hendersonville and Hillsboro from Region 6.

5A is loaded this year.

Can't forget about Independence either.. It's possible that Hillsboro & Indy could play in the first round.. Small chance but it could happen

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses coming from this guy.  Henry County is good.  Dickson County offense as I said would not be shutout.  DC put up 4 touchdowns and actually could have been more before half.  HC is strong on defense but only at stopping the run. Better work on this if a gold ball is in your future.  The inability to throw will also prevent you guys from going deep in the playoffs.  But I'm sure you know this. 

For what its worth.....A team with class takes a knee with 1:20 to go. Subs or no subs....you can say what you want about our coaches....this would never happen with a DC coached team. I'm sure someone would call this whining.. someone with character would be ashamed.

No excuses coming from this guy. Henry County is good. Dickson County offense as I said would not be shutout. DC put up 4 touchdowns and actually could have been more before half. HC is strong on defense but only at stopping the run. Better work on this if a gold ball is in your future. The inability to throw will also prevent you guys from going deep in the playoffs. But I'm sure you know this.

For what its worth.....A team with class takes a knee with 1:20 to go. Subs or no subs....you can say what you want about our coaches....this would never happen with a DC coached team. I'm sure someone would call this whining.. someone with character would be ashamed.

If you're gonna sling it down the field on 4th down when you're behind 4 scores deep in your own territory, don't whine when the other team calls your bluff and scores.

Im a man of relatively high character and I LOVED that call. I'm actually glad they did.

Edited by MSURacer

I mentioned them a few posts back along with Centennial. Whoever comes out of this side of the bracket will have run a gauntlet.

Exactly.. From top to bottom I believe 5A is the toughest and most unpredictable of all the classes on who will be in Cookeville. Really comes down to matchups more than any year I can remember

No excuses coming from this guy. Henry County is good. Dickson County offense as I said would not be shutout. DC put up 4 touchdowns and actually could have been more before half. HC is strong on defense but only at stopping the run. Better work on this if a gold ball is in your future. The inability to throw will also prevent you guys from going deep in the playoffs. But I'm sure you know this.

Despite my hostile tone towards the 2nd half of your post, I must agree with you about our pass defense and pass offense. Both are big concerns of mine and have been for most of the season.

I thought that our pass defense had greatly improved since the early weeks, but tonight raised those questions right back from the ashes. Much of it was DC's quarterback (kid really is a great player) but some of it is simply our secondary. We have some good kids back there, and on a good night they will give you fits, but we remain vulnerable there. It doesn't help that our starting safety is done for the year.

As for our pass offense, I love our QB as a football player and a competitor, but I do not think our passing game will be much more than a minimal asset going forward. I just don't see much changing there, but I've been wrong many times before.

Regardless, there's still a lot of football ahead and I look forward to seeing the rest of the season unfold! Go Pats!

No excuses coming from this guy.  Henry County is good.  Dickson County offense as I said would not be shutout.  DC put up 4 touchdowns and actually could have been more before half.  HC is strong on defense but only at stopping the run. Better work on this if a gold ball is in your future.  The inability to throw will also prevent you guys from going deep in the playoffs.  But I'm sure you know this. 

FactsOnly:

1  The only one who called a shutout was a Dickson County citizen

2  Dickson County's goal was not to get shut out, ours was to win

3  Our #1 pass defender (in my opinion) did not play

4  Our "inability to throw the ball" laid 63 across the scoreboard last night (and ran the clock)

5  We've had our class questioned twice in 5 years, both times by you guys

6  What did we say about your coaches?

7  EVERYone would say you are whining ("take a knee"?)

8  For the record, I'd say your coaches had a good game plan and executed it as best as could be expected