Henry County @ Dickson County

redblooded

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried to post on here 10 days ago but it didnt load...too many ppl to quote and acknowledge

lot of kind words about our team at Liberty, so thank you all...we have worked incredibly hard to get where we are since Hookfin took over in 2007 and now 2015 with Coach Turner

with the belief that to be the best you have to play the best and beat the best, we have become somewhat of a force in west TN high school football

that starts yearly with Henry Co...the program we try to emulate

under hookfin and now turner we have played some of the toughest high school football schedules in the state...there arent many who could compare when stepping out of district/region   Henry Co, MUS, Brentwood Academy, North Side...our other games have always been scheduled a class up

most of our injuries have occurred preseason or within the 1st game or two...so we get most of the year to recover

playoff success takes more than just talented athletes as HC well knows...discipline has cost us many a game when it mattered most...over the 10+ years that ive seen Liberty play, not many squads can put the athletes on the field that we do week in and week out...especially in the classes we have played in...maybe im a homer...but few and far between are the games that we are not favored in...so when we lose...particularly in class, its very disappointing to think that we may not have been out played...but still came away with an L

in 2011 Liberty saw the 50 yard line 1x @ Henry Co...twice if u count the coin flip...words were exchanged amongst players and coaches...and yes...we went home and practiced/conditioned for a good hour and a half while parents complained in the stands...one of the greatest coaching moments i have ever witnessed...also the last time our stands were full on the home side HA!!!

We are not where we want to be...but i think we are headed in the right direction if the school board doesnt screw it up...my favorite game year in and year out is with The Big Red...i do not expect it do be scrapped

Will you guys be attending the all star game in Jackson on December 11???