Wayne County (7-0) vs McEwen (1-6)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Also back to the game... The all time series between WC and McEwen is actually tied at 8-8.

The last 2 games were played in 2009 & 2010 we won 42-6 & 41-0. Prior to that we last played them in the 1st rd of the '97 Playoffs and won 28-20.

A cool fact about this rivarly is that even though we have dominated the battle for the last 3 or 4 meetings. Back when our Coach Rickey Rice was starring as QB at McEwen HS he never lost to Wayne County!

We played the Rice led Warriors all 4 of his HS fball seasons and all 4 meetings we lost... '77 8-20... '78 12-18... '79 6-25... '80 0-28

We had a combined Record of 19-22 and made 1 bowl game in those 4 years. But Rick put a beating on the ol 'Cats!! Little did he know what the future held. lol

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2
  • Upvote 1

I think he had you tied in with horse and zebra

Your probably right! Good luck this week! They do have a really nice fan base. I talked to several of their fans while there.

You guys hit the nail on the head.  I've retraced as many of your posts as I can easily find, Maximum; and I was wrong to call you out like that.  I'm sorry.

Thanks for pointing it out.  Thanks, wildcat89, for recognizing my error and assuming the best about me.  Thanks, Maximum, for giving me the benefit of the doubt and not holding a grudge.

Truth is I've been pretty agitated with most of the Huntingdon posters I've run across on here.  But I need to be more careful to recognize who is who and not keep reading every post from your part of the world as being rude, sarcastic or otherwise disrespectful.

Thanks for your clean, respectful presence on here.  I hope mine will prove to be as reputable as yours in the future.

Again...sorry I had you wrong.  And thanks for the grace.

Edited by disciple633
  • Upvote 1

Wayne Co.- 56

McEwen- 0

Should not be much of a contest unless Wayne Co. just doesn't come to play, which 99.9% of the time the Wildcats do come to play. 

I pretty much agree with this prediction.

I could see McEwen scoring once or twice, though--either on WC JV or perhaps on kickoff return.

Not a knock on WC's ability to stop them from scoring; I just know that Coach Rice will not leave starters in beyond what's appropriate.

#22 is a beast returner, and McEwen won't quit playing hard in garbage time.  Plus, McEwen doesn't really have too many JV players to sub in when that time comes.

I pretty much agree with this prediction.

I could see McEwen scoring once or twice, though--either on WC JV or perhaps on kickoff return.

Not a knock on WC's ability to stop them from scoring; I just know that Coach Rice will not leave starters in beyond what's appropriate.

#22 is a beast returner, and McEwen won't quit playing hard in garbage time. Plus, McEwen doesn't really have too many JV players to sub in when that time comes.

Yeah almost every team has scored on us 1 or 2 times. Due to Rick pulling starters at half or in 3rd. Only SH and yall played more than that. He got the starters out late 3rd on yall. I respect the heck out of yall and esp 68. Like yalls team. Alot of fight just need to have a pass game!!!

Yeah almost every team has scored on us 1 or 2 times. Due to Rick pulling starters at half or in 3rd. Only SH and yall played more than that. He got the starters out late 3rd on yall. I respect the heck out of yall and esp 68. Like yalls team. Alot of fight just need to have a pass game!!!

Once coach Rice has a game in hand he pulls starters. He don't care how much a team scores as long as WC gets the win and the young players(the future) gets live game experience. Edited by wildcat89

Nobody wants to talk on this one, I thought McEwen had a few posters but I guess I was wrong.

Same problem with some mTp threads as you've witnessed other teams just not having any posters to talk too.... Only bandwagon types jump on here when their team is doing good... I fully appreciate tried and true fans who stick it out and talk/post even through the down years... Just not many of them.

Edited by Big Bigby