The Original Battle Of The Boro Oakland Riverdale

warrior82dad

Well I believe we saw two programs heading in different directions tonight and the key word there is program. Yes Creasy has inherited McDaniels players and that was evident at the senior walk. But what Oakland does have is a support group to reload with middle school,facilities and fan support where Riverdale is slipping into oblivion. Its time for a change at the top before its too late. We saw the closest thing to abuse from a coach tonight than I've seen in years. Players going both was until they had nothing left. I actually saw players hurt tapping their helmets begging to come out and were completely ignored which resulted in several injuries that should have never happened. He refuses to give any of the other kids a chance to show what they can do when they have worked harder in practice than most of the starters. They came out with a good game plan then as usual fashion paniced and went away from it. It total evident the this coach doesn't watch any film or listen to any of his assistants. Head actually took his heasdset off early in the forth quarter which showed his kids he had given up. Its time for a change for the kids sake...

Very true, but that support system was developed by McDaniel with the help other members of the program. But I agree with you on all points. Once Oakland got up 15-8, they might as well have ended the game

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I believe we saw two programs heading in different directions tonight and the key word there is program. Yes Creasy has inherited McDaniels players and that was evident at the senior walk. But what Oakland does have is a support group to reload with middle school,facilities and fan support where Riverdale is slipping into oblivion. Its time for a change at the top before its too late. We saw the closest thing to abuse from a coach tonight than I've seen in years. Players going both was until they had nothing left. I actually saw players hurt tapping their helmets begging to come out and were completely ignored which resulted in several injuries that should have never happened. He refuses to give any of the other kids a chance to show what they can do when they have worked harder in practice than most of the starters. They came out with a good game plan then as usual fashion paniced and went away from it. It total evident the this coach doesn't watch any film or listen to any of his assistants. Head actually took his heasdset off early in the forth quarter which showed his kids he had given up. Its time for a change for the kids sake...

As many as 5 starters with injuries. Those kids were hurting on the sideline.

Only thing I'm going to say about this

You have the best punter in the district and allow the QB to punt twice is a head scratcher.

Before anyone says he was injured, have you seen the backup? Might be the second best punter in the district.

Allow players to make plays. You can not shorten the field for Oakland. When he did it the first time, it was still a game. 29 yard punt by Bea and Oakland scores in about 3 plays.

Riverdale would have needed a perfect game to win. Congrats to Oakland. Hope they make a run in the playoffs unless they are playing the Warriors.

Only thing I'm going to say about this

You have the best punter in the district and allow the QB to punt twice is a head scratcher.

Before anyone says he was injured, have you seen the backup? Might be the second best punter in the district.

Allow players to make plays. You can not shorten the field for Oakland. When he did it the first time, it was still a game. 29 yard punt by Bea and Oakland scores in about 3 plays.

Riverdale would have needed a perfect game to win. Congrats to Oakland. Hope they make a run in the playoffs unless they are playing the Warriors.

My point exactly. He was too hurt to punt but when he was begging to come out in the 4th quarter tapping his helmet over and over and limping all over the field they wouldn't take him out. There are better back ups on the bench who might as well never dress because they don't have a chance in heck of getting on the field under this coach. Even just a couple of second teamers got in the game when they were up 35 and then it was the last minute of the game. This coach only cares about himself and not this team...time to go..

I hate that for the warriors. The players ( some at least ) have worked their tails off, and see no hope or chance of getting on the field. I know what you mean about feeder schools. but doesn't Siegel have their own feeder? I would say that right now that is not working out so well for them. I still think Riverdale gets at least into second round of playoffs. In fact I think all RuCo teams get by the first game except Siegel