The Original Battle Of The Boro Oakland Riverdale

warrior82dad

Coming from a Blackman faithful your statement is a little condescending since the rise of Blackman came out of the direct rezoning taking players from the Riverdale system and putting them into Blackman. Just remember a season or two doesn't make a program. Talk to us when you get a couple of gold balls.

Sorry w82d I don't get where this statement was condescending I actually agree with most of the Warrior faithful! U read my post all wrong sir! Why do some people get on a chat site and take peoples statements on them personal? This is just my opinion u don't like it tough! By the way I'm also some of the Blackman " faithful!" And "Gold Balls" u sound like the Maryville bunch! Lol

Edited by oldfan41

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a Blackman faithful your statement is a little condescending since the rise of Blackman came out of the direct rezoning taking players from the Riverdale system and putting them into Blackman. Just remember a season or two doesn't make a program. Talk to us when you get a couple of gold balls.

By using your same logic, I could say win something without Rankin and then talk. Living in the past does you no good when your no longer on top

By using your same logic, I could say win something without Rankin and then talk. Living in the past does you no good when your no longer on top

EXACTLY!!! Go Warriors! Hopefully Coach A has a great game plan and play lights pout! Tall order to beat Oakland! They have really played well especially on defense! Offense has not been to shabby either! GO WARRIORS!! Time to bring your best starting this week!! :hungry:  :hungry:  :popcorneater:

Edited by warhawks

Warrior82dad, I guess I am going to put my two cents in for what it is worth.  I am a Blackman fan through and through, so the fact  the you want to throw the " Come talk when you win a few" out there, makes me cringe. Not because Riverdale has and we haven't, but because you seem to think what you did 10 years ago is somehow relevant to how you are going to play this year.  Moreover with the rezoning of Riverdale for Blackman, that happened quite a while back and those students have long since graduated. All the growth that has happened on your side of town has surely netted you some new athletes. What I don't see is kids moving into your zone because they want to play ball there. Believe you me I hope more than anything that Riverdale whoops Oakland. If you look at many of the post I have been rooting for a Riverdale turnaround all season long. I think saying coming from a Blackman fan, we have no championship so our opinion is irrelevant is as assnine as saying We beat  you and Oakland beat us so you stand no chance. It will be a tough game for sure but I will be pulling for the Riverdale win.

Winner this week.........my stomach! Bring on the Oakland Hotdogs.

Oh and the game..........favored is Oakland, but with this rivalry its always flip a coin.

BTW is Coach White still the DC there or did the current HC bring one with him?

Coach White is at Knox. Catholic now. Stephen Jackson is the current DC, who came with Creasy from Trousdale

Warrior82dad, I guess I am going to put my two cents in for what it is worth.  I am a Blackman fan through and through, so the fact  the you want to throw the " Come talk when you win a few" out there, makes me cringe. Not because Riverdale has and we haven't, but because you seem to think what you did 10 years ago is somehow relevant to how you are going to play this year.  Moreover with the rezoning of Riverdale for Blackman, that happened quite a while back and those students have long since graduated. All the growth that has happened on your side of town has surely netted you some new athletes. What I don't see is kids moving into your zone because they want to play ball there. Believe you me I hope more than anything that Riverdale whoops Oakland. If you look at many of the post I have been rooting for a Riverdale turnaround all season long. I think saying coming from a Blackman fan, we have no championship so our opinion is irrelevant is as assnine as saying We beat  you and Oakland beat us so you stand no chance. It will be a tough game for sure but I will be pulling for the Riverdale win.

Here are some numbers you may not be aware of. New home growth in the Blackman zone has risen 32% since the rezoning and new home from the the Riverdale zone has risen 8% since the rezoning. The growth in the Blackman zone is directly related to the increase in the program there. The hope we have is the available land for building in the county is predominantly in the south and as the the growth shift that way our pool will grow back to prezoning levels. The county predicts by 2019 the growth should balance out. In the meantime Riverdale is the one suffering. Let's all hope by then the balance of power will shift from east Tennessee to what them could be the strongest football county in the south.

Here are some numbers you may not be aware of. New home growth in the Blackman zone has risen 32% since the rezoning and new home from the the Riverdale zone has risen 8% since the rezoning. The growth in the Blackman zone is directly related to the increase in the program there. The hope we have is the available land for building in the county is predominantly in the south and as the the growth shift that way our pool will grow back to prezoning levels. The county predicts by 2019 the growth should balance out. In the meantime Riverdale is the one suffering. Let's all hope by then the balance of power will shift from east Tennessee to what them could be the strongest football county in the south.

Sounds like alot of excuses to me.... Only 100 students seperates Riverdale from Blackman. Blackman is better BC their youth program/feeder system is miles ahead of Riverdale

Sounds like alot of excuses to me.... Only 100 students seperates Riverdale from Blackman. Blackman is better BC their youth program/feeder system is miles ahead of Riverdale

Agreed, they each have their own middle schools where Riverdale splits Buchanan and Christiana which teach two completely different systems but your 100 difference does hold water because within that difference is a number having Blackman with 300 more males than Riverdale....good for boys who want to date but bad for football.