The Original Battle Of The Boro Oakland Riverdale

warrior82dad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterback: I'm going to give the edge to Riverdale, although Oakland has a better good one themselves. Riverdale has done a good job in recent weeks fitting the offense around what Bea does best. Throws a really nice deep ball and deceptively tough to bring down as a runner. Single biggest key of the game is can Riverdale consistently give him time to throw. If they do, Riverdale has a puncher's chance

Running Back: While Austin Bryant is a nice option, Oakland just simply has more depth at this position. No one guy is going to have a big game for Oakland, but together, they're am awfully effective unit.

Wide Receiver/Tight End: Oakland gets the nod here for the shear fact that they have Jacoby Stevens and Riverdale does not. Riverdale has a nice collection. Of skill players who can move the chains, but when Stevens has the ball he has the chance to go the house every time. With a offense based on misdirection, Riverdale is also going to have to be mindful of Oakland's options at TE as well.

Offensive/Defensive Line: Riverdale has made strides here, but this is the facet of the game where Oakland is just plain better. If Oakland plays a clean game and wins in the trenches, its going to be a long game for Riverdale.

Linebacker: Give Oakland a slight edge due to the underrated plays of Jackson Cauthen. Riverdale does have a solid unit though that flows well to the football.

Secondary: Probably the most talented position of each team. But once again, Oakland just has more talent with 2 D-1 prospects at the safety positions. Already have 11 picks on the year.

Riverdale still has alot to play for. A region championship is still a possibility for them and I expect their effort to reflect that. But Oakland just has too much depth.

Oakland 35 Riverdale 13

Rivarly or not, the only chance R'dale has in this game is if Bea has a HUGE night through the air. I just don't see him having the time to throw too many deep balls down the field. No chance they will be able to run on Oakland defense.

These two programs are on different trajectories. Tonight the gap widens even further.

Creasy calls the dogs off early in the 4th....

Oakland: 35-nacho.

We shall see. Like warrior82dad said, we will def. find out in a few years when Creasy no long has McDaniel-coached kids to fall back on. No doubt he inherited a program that was in great shape

That's very true. Creasy inherited a lot of talent, but to be 6-1 at this point after losing so many seniors last year is still pretty impressive.

Thanks warhawks.... but I still think we owe you guys another whoopin or two from the Rankin years lol

Yes and i'm sure will get it to! Oakland made a nice hire with Creasy and with your middle school talent pool the way it is watch out!  :mrgreen:  :popcorneater: I think Oakland will be the team from our region that goes deep into the playoffs again! Will be pulling for you all! :rolleyes:

Well I believe we saw two programs heading in different directions tonight and the key word there is program. Yes Creasy has inherited McDaniels players and that was evident at the senior walk. But what Oakland does have is a support group to reload with middle school,facilities and fan support where Riverdale is slipping into oblivion. Its time for a change at the top before its too late. We saw the closest thing to abuse from a coach tonight than I've seen in years. Players going both was until they had nothing left. I actually saw players hurt tapping their helmets begging to come out and were completely ignored which resulted in several injuries that should have never happened. He refuses to give any of the other kids a chance to show what they can do when they have worked harder in practice than most of the starters. They came out with a good game plan then as usual fashion paniced and went away from it. It total evident the this coach doesn't watch any film or listen to any of his assistants. Head actually took his heasdset off early in the forth quarter which showed his kids he had given up. Its time for a change for the kids sake...