District Results

Tuffnut

They do that in areas where that is possible.  Like I have said, I don't have a dog in this fight.  My daughter plays on a AAA team.  Our small town has done that and competes with the big cities and private schools.  You cannot build that in these small towns.  Maybe some but not very many.  Go play in AAA or in the private school division, not to help the public schools but to help your own teams.  When you play these teams year after year, does it help your team....NO!  The only thing that can happen is to keep these teams from playing all.  Oh, well.  You can keep living in the castle, but I will continue to throw rocks at it. 

Without a "dog in the fight" you sure are doing a ton of Barking!!!  Your big, bad AAA team must be impressive!!  Y'all gonna win State this year????  Wonder what "big cities" and "private schools" y'all been playing?? My little girl plays in a private division that has none of dem public schools in there to "beat up on".  We do however, beat up some non-division AAA schools and others during the year and yes, it makes us better.  You ought to play you a Father Ryan or GPS or Baylor or Clarksville sometime.  Might make y'all better. But I guess since you guys are AAA, that "senior division" is unstoppable!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schools that are in the same region as ND and CCS whip their butts in basketball every year.  My girl plays both soccer and bball.  I've seen the region games in both sports.  I could be wrong here, but I didn't see a whole bunch of 'private' schools in the state basketball tourney last year.  The 4th ranked team district 8 beats the 1st place team in district 7 every year.  It's no contest.  These schools don't put the time in playing soccer in the off season.  The play basketball.  And this isn't something new.  If you are not going to do the off season work, well-enuf said.  

Great point, hig71798!  Can't win em all!  But SputNic wants a Championship in Soccer (don't care bout no hoops) for all Div A-AA PUBLIC teams but these dad-burn privates keep winning em all!! :angry:  :hungry: He better tell the TSSAA that dem privates are practicing too much in the off-season!  Ain't fair cause I know the privates have better weather where they live!! B)

Without a "dog in the fight" you sure are doing a ton of Barking!!! Your big, bad AAA team must be impressive!! Y'all gonna win State this year???? Wonder what "big cities" and "private schools" y'all been playing?? My little girl plays in a private division that has none of dem public schools in there to "beat up on". We do however, beat up some non-division AAA schools and others during the year and yes, it makes us better. You ought to play you a Father Ryan or GPS or Baylor or Clarksville sometime. Might make y'all better. But I guess since you guys are AAA, that "senior division" is unstoppable!!!

Your daughter played/plays at Ensworth in Div IIAA. Your head master supports all private schools in Division II. What is this guy saying that differs from what your own school believes at its core?

BTW beating Overton 14-0 doesn't help you get better. Clarksville was a good win though.

The ND girls played:

Arlington, Bartlette, Briarcrest, Hardin Valley, Lincoln, Davies KY, McMinn County, GPS, Bearden, Houston out of district and classification theis season to get ready for post season play. ND has 400ish students. Got smacked around by most of em; as we do most every year. Woulda played Baylor to but they canceled. Shim dont play no smaller school or smaller class outside of District mandatorys. Period. No A-AA schedules an outa district schedule like Shim. He takes on anyone makin the phone call. Most parents at other schools would be whining and suckin snot, callin for the coach Shims head to role; because their daughters are losin to muck and havce a losin record. Not a ND Irish fan; they know whats gonna happen before they get their daughter to ND, Shim ant gonna powder the whole season with cupcakes to make the W-L column pretty. They will be brused and tested with a brutal schedule; but they will be ready for the gauntlet come the end of September. Just look at the results of these schools comin to ND in the post season with these pretty undefeat or close to undefeated records.

now you take NickinBockers approach for a coach, parent, program to possess any pride; you must play up out of classifcation. In ND's case with 400 students;  the only way to establish any pride in ones self and to not be an embarrasment to society; you have to move up out of the classification to the next level and you keep doing this until you cant win. Never mind that ND is already havin to play up to around 720ish because of a ridiculous "your child is 1.8 x better than that child rule".. Look at ND's outta district schedule again. But ole Nickbucker24 thinks not challenging your girls enough to make em better. Works for Coach Shim

As hig71798 said..treat it like basketball.....got one better; treat it like fast pitch softball.....seen ND's record against these PUBs with that

Smith County will bring a 14-1-0 record to ND's 7-6-3 record tomorrow

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Your daughter played/plays at Ensworth in Div IIAA. Your head master supports all private schools in Division II. What is this guy saying that differs from what your own school believes at its core?

BTW beating Overton 14-0 doesn't help you get better. Clarksville was a good win though.

I, like David, support all private schools in Div II!  I love playing ALL the schools in our Division and any other team in the state (public or private) for that matter!  Like the great philosopher, Boog says, playing against better teams make you better.  We don't whine and complain when we get destroyed!  We learn and we move on.  Not sure what your point is.  What does Ensworth believe "at its core"??  Educate me.  Did you actually read the lil feller's chain of comments?  He's almost up to 10 comments in his career on Coach T!!  

Regarding your little Overton snip, our amazing coach has already explained the scheduling issues that occurred during this year!  Can't let that one rest, can you?  Check our schedule over the last few years.  You'll notice the competition wasn't too shabby!  Think we actually played your high school team a few years ago in a pre-season game and whew, kinda reminded me of the Overton game!  :rolleyes:

I know your daughter plays on David's daughter's travel team and hope you have a great season after high school ball.  Oh well, we are preparing for another run at State and hope for our first ever Championship!!  :flower:

I, like David, support all private schools in Div II! I love playing ALL the schools in our Division and any other team in the state (public or private) for that matter! Like the great philosopher, Boog says, playing against better teams make you better. We don't whine and complain when we get destroyed! We learn and we move on. Not sure what your point is. What does Ensworth believe "at its core"?? Educate me. Did you actually read the lil feller's chain of comments? He's almost up to 10 comments in his career on Coach T!!

Regarding your little Overton snip, our amazing coach has already explained the scheduling issues that occurred during this year! Can't let that one rest, can you? Check our schedule over the last few years. You'll notice the competition wasn't too shabby! Think we actually played your high school team a few years ago in a pre-season game and whew, kinda reminded me of the Overton game! :rolleyes:

I know your daughter plays on David's daughter's travel team and hope you have a great season after high school ball. Oh well, we are preparing for another run at State and hope for our first ever Championship!! :flower:

I agree he took it to a level reaching hyperbole but at its core the belief is the same.

The reason why I mentioned Overton is because its a perfect example of how scheduling publics can be counterproductive. No intentional slight was intended. Yes, I disagree with beating any team 14-0 but thats an issue for David and Ricky to address if they see fit.

The barb about playing my daughters school was juvenile. Thats great that you beat them in a scrimmage really bad. Great for you!!! Since she is only a freshmen I didn't attend. Im sure coach Wright can schedule a game to beat us up again. :) Will that make you happy?

Cute.  Was merely responding to your repeated Overton "jab".  I am sure that you will agree that when you schedule games, you don't pick the outcome.  David and/or Ricky are not going to rethink scheduling games based on a past score.  I'm sure Coach Wright will secure a perfectly fine schedule next year that will challenge the girls!!  We played Franklin 1 year and beat them 1-0.  The next year we scheduled Franklin and they beat us 11-0.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some!  It's about learning from the experience!  I know you are relatively new to this whole "High School" thing (think your girl even played as an 8th grader - Congrats!), and recognize its not quite the same as travel, but it can be a fun experience for the kiddos if the parents will just stay out of the way! :thumb:

The ND girls played:

Arlington, Bartlette, Briarcrest, Hardin Valley, Lincoln, Davies KY, McMinn County, GPS, Bearden, Houston out of district and classification theis season to get ready for post season play. ND has 400ish students. Got smacked around by most of em; as we do most every year. Woulda played Baylor to but they canceled. Shim dont play no smaller school or smaller class outside of District mandatorys. Period. No A-AA schedules an outa district schedule like Shim. He takes on anyone makin the phone call. Most parents at other schools would be whining and suckin snot, callin for the coach Shims head to role; because their daughters are losin to muck and havce a losin record. Not a ND Irish fan; they know whats gonna happen before they get their daughter to ND, Shim ant gonna powder the whole season with cupcakes to make the W-L column pretty. They will be brused and tested with a brutal schedule; but they will be ready for the gauntlet come the end of September. Just look at the results of these schools comin to ND in the post season with these pretty undefeat or close to undefeated records.

now you take NickinBockers approach for a coach, parent, program to possess any pride; you must play up out of classifcation. In ND's case with 400 students;  the only way to establish any pride in ones self and to not be an embarrasment to society; you have to move up out of the classification to the next level and you keep doing this until you cant win. Never mind that ND is already havin to play up to around 720ish because of a ridiculous "your child is 1.8 x better than that child rule".. Look at ND's outta district schedule again. But ole Nickbucker24 thinks not challenging your girls enough to make em better. Works for Coach Shim

As hig71798 said..treat it like basketball.....got one better; treat it like fast pitch softball.....seen ND's record against these PUBs with that

Smith County will bring a 14-1-0 record to ND's 7-6-3 record tomorrow

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Come on boogie woogie, You really think Smith Co has any chance of beating the Irish tomorrow night? I THINK NOT!!!! It will be a typical Private school vs public school whoopn!

Come on boogie woogie, You really think Smith Co has any chance of beating the Irish tomorrow night? I THINK NOT!!!! It will be a typical Private school vs public school whoopn!

sure they got a chance...how you think they got to 14-1......but sure hope you are right.....but not like all those Private vs Public meeting the Irish had earlier in the year

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Cute. Was merely responding to your repeated Overton "jab". I am sure that you will agree that when you schedule games, you don't pick the outcome. David and/or Ricky are not going to rethink scheduling games based on a past score. I'm sure Coach Wright will secure a perfectly fine schedule next year that will challenge the girls!! We played Franklin 1 year and beat them 1-0. The next year we scheduled Franklin and they beat us 11-0. Oh well, you win some, you lose some! It's about learning from the experience! I know you are relatively new to this whole "High School" thing (think your girl even played as an 8th grader - Congrats!), and recognize its not quite the same as travel, but it can be a fun experience for the kiddos if the parents will just stay out of the way! :thumb:

BTW we played Overton last year and it was 5-2. Little PC , in her first HS game, had 4 in the first half and one early in the second. Coach only let her play 20 mins in the first and 10 in the 2nd. Sometimes those games can get out of hand quickly unless a coach manages the score. We didn't schedule them this year because of that result.

Good luck on your run. I spoke with Gift at BA yesterday and he thinks you guys are going to win it. ðŸ‘

Edited by Playerscoach