Boyd Buccaneers Vs SoPitt Pirates (The Tortuga Bowl)

orangeslice13

Sld get to play again this year. Can practice but with no contact

I know he is dying to get back on the field. I know that you want him to be able to play as well, as I would if it were my son. My nephew plays college ball and recently was told that he is done for the year because of a concussion. His first in college, second of his life. I somewhat feel your pain. Praying for a full recovery. This is nothing to take lightly.

I'm thinking it was our big center....Branham. Good story no matter who it was.

Thats the whole point.No need in names or numbers.The deed itself was worthy alone.I remember the center got back in time to play us in the playoffs was a real good kid.Had a terrible time with his knee or leg but just kept giving it all he had.Good story!Wish there were more folks like you.Sometimes we forget their just kids playing a game because they love it,injured or not. Edited by orngnblk
  • Upvote 1

Huge game with you guys Friday night. Then two of our peewee teams play for the championship in the Harvest Bowl Saturday. Then the Vols take on the Tide Saturday afternoon. Gonna be a great weekend of football.

Why is it a huge game for us? We need to stay healthy for the playoffs. I've said it for years and I will say it again. This game doesn't mean anything in the big picture.

Despite what happens Friday night bare in mind that no SP Senior scored any of the 56 points against Lookout Valley.  In fact, we only had one Senior on the field - a lineman that will be sorely missed next year.  However, our Senior running back will be back for this Boyd game.  My overall point is that this team is growing, and will be even better next year.