Week 10: Elizabethton (7-1) @ Chuckey-Doak (4-4)

EHSTrack06

Is it just me or is this conference kind of a joke for Elizabethton to be in? I'm not trying to put any of the other teams down, but when week in and week out we are beating teams by 30 it just gets boaring. These games are in no way getting Elizabethton ready for playoffs when we will actually see competition. It will be interesting to see how we react when a team actually shows up and hits us in the mouth. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is this conference kind of a joke for Elizabethton to be in? I'm not trying to put any of the other teams down, but when week in and week out we are beating teams by 30 it just gets boaring. These games are in no way getting Elizabethton ready for playoffs when we will actually see competition. It will be interesting to see how we react when a team actually shows up and hits us in the mouth.

It exactly what Greeneville had in their last conference. Have to schedule tough out of conference games. The conference they are in now is better than the old Brac

It exactly what Greeneville had in their last conference. Have to schedule tough out of conference games. The conference they are in now is better than the old Brac

Agreed, Elizabethton's closest games were out of conference with our one loss coming from science hill and a one point win over Tennessee high. Tennessee high shot their self's in the foot with some costly mistakes and a bad call going for 2 at the end of the game, they also had their best player out. I would love to see Elizabethton go far in the playoffs, but I'm skeptical as of now.

Not much better!

Sullivan South, Sullivan East, Cherokee, and Seymour,beats everyone in the old brac outside of Greeneville so yes I would say it's quite a bit more competetion. Starters are getting to play some in the 2nd half instead it being over on the 2nd quarter. Is it the same competition as say knox co 4a? no but that's why Greeneville tries to schedule tough out of conference games.

Swipes, Greeneville played pretty close to the same schedule and they did well come playoff time. It's a mind set. Can every team play nail biting opponents every week? Nope! Would you want to? Nope! It's how well you're playing as a team at the playoffs. To me, IMO, if it's more of a cake walk until the playoffs then you've got the advantage of possibly fewer injuries and should be more prepped in your sceams than most. A schedule is a schedule. Not as hard for some is hard for others.

Edited by gr8tplay

ahh..same with us. we had week 0 bye

I am just curious. Does Elizabethtown play their games at the junior high? I was using googlemaps and noticed that the field at the high school does not appear to have bleachers. If the games are held at the JR high, where do the fans park? I mean you wouldn't have a student parking lot, just staff and guests.