William Blount @ Hardin Valley

Governm

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I predicted Maryville to win 42-14. We got our 42 but the Govs dropped one of their touchdowns in the end zone so I was very close. HVA has the second best defense to Maryville's so I don't see WB scoring at all unless it's against the second team unit. HVA 38-0. Was surprised Monday when WB had to play Maryville's freshmen with a combination of the JVand their freshmen and Maryville coaches had to scramble to find a game for the JV with Alcoa for Monday Night because of it.  This my friends is not going forward but backward. I know the same thing happened with Heritage this year also. That is one of the many reasons why you have parents pull their kids off the Titanic before it sets sail and send them somewhere else.

Last week I predicted Maryville to win 42-14. We got our 42 but the Govs dropped one of their touchdowns in the end zone so I was very close. HVA has the second best defense to Maryville's so I don't see WB scoring at all unless it's against the second team unit. HVA 38-0. Was surprised Monday when WB had to play Maryville's freshmen with a combination of the JVand their freshmen and Maryville coaches had to scramble to find a game for the JV with Alcoa for Monday Night because of it. This my friends is not going forward but backward. I know the same thing happened with Heritage this year also. That is one of the many reasons why you have parents pull their kids off the Titanic before it sets sail and send them somewhere else.

Barney,

I'm pretty sure that's because we don't have enough JV players to have a full JV team. The JV players are usually those that don't play on Friday nights and we only have 48 or so that dress on Friday nights and alot of those guys do play So we don't have alot of guys left over to play JV. However this year we have the biggest freshman team we have had in awhile. We are in this mess because we have had small freshman teams lately but we are actually on the upswing if we keep having these big freshman teams. As for HVA. They are 4-4 and 2 of those wins are against really bad teams. I'm not impressed by them. Their defense may be the 2nd best behind Maryville but they ain't nowhere near Maryville. This game will be close.

Barney,

I'm pretty sure that's because we don't have enough JV players to have a full JV team. The JV players are usually those that don't play on Friday nights and we only have 48 or so that dress on Friday nights and alot of those guys do play So we don't have alot of guys left over to play JV. However this year we have the biggest freshman team we have had in awhile. We are in this mess because we have had small freshman teams lately but we are actually on the upswing if we keep having these big freshman teams. As for HVA. They are 4-4 and 2 of those wins are against really bad teams. I'm not impressed by them. Their defense may be the 2nd best behind Maryville but they ain't nowhere near Maryville. This game will be close.

Kinda like Bearden? JC? DB? SH? That kind of close?