16th year of Hamm Rankings

Hamm

Great job at a 1st stab at the pound for pound.  Your D! rankings look good.

How much does Sammy Evans weigh compared to Nicholas Boykin?  The reason I ask is I believe that Sammy placed higher at the Virginia High School Nationals at Virginia Beach last year.  If this is not true, my aplogies; however, I thought Sammy placed higher than Nicholas.  Boykin at 1st and Evans at 4th, I have to ask.  Ryan Parker at 6th? I do not know of another wrestler in Tennessee who has dominated his weight class every year except for his Freshman year.  He should be higher.  What about T. J. Hicks from Bradley?  He dominated his weight class last year.  Ben Stacey at 10th?  He has split with the wrestler from MBA the last few years.  Tucker Russo at #8, how many matches has he lost in Tennessee over the last few years?  He is a great wrestler, but not pound for pound.

Just my thoughts and opinion.

Edited by hoosierdad

Hamm,

I am pretty sure that you are't the one doing the DII rankings but whoever is should just not even bother posting what they have up until the make an attempt at adjusting the weights.

Even if they guess wrong on where some kids are moving, to essentially leave everyone at the same weight from last year (yes a few moved already) and just put them in order of state results is a bit of a waste.  Hard to really call those a ranking.

Yes I know I am no longer contributing to the DII rankings so I should probably keep my opinion to myself, but that was never MO!  I still keep a pretty detailed approach to the DII rankings but I can't put the time into it to feel comfortable posting it.

It may be a waste, but it's fun,,,

Allow me to borrow this statement from PennLive...

Just because it's far too early to get hung up on preseason hs/college wrestling rankings doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable to get hung up on preseason hs/college wrestling rankings.

Thanks Hamm, no one else seems to make the time, including me anymore. I think daddy Bray is done.

• Upvote 1

Hamm,

I am pretty sure that you are't the one doing the DII rankings but whoever is should just not even bother posting what they have up until the make an attempt at adjusting the weights.

Even if they guess wrong on where some kids are moving, to essentially leave everyone at the same weight from last year (yes a few moved already) and just put them in order of state results is a bit of a waste.  Hard to really call those a ranking.

Yes I know I am no longer contributing to the DII rankings so I should probably keep my opinion to myself, but that was never MO!  I still keep a pretty detailed approach to the DII rankings but I can't put the time into it to feel comfortable posting it.

Good point!  I know for a fact that some kids are going up or down 2 and maybe 3 weight classifications.

• 3 weeks later...