Fayetteville Tiger football @ Cornersville

Varo

We have 8th graders on the team now. That's the only way we could get over 30 dressed out.

I know having eighth graders on the team probably don't ever help as far as wins but it does as far as them getting a feel for the pace of high school vs middle school. I think that the rule should either be they can dress as eighth graders or not dress, if I'm not mistaken the rule is they have to be under the same principal. At WC our schools are seperate and about a mile apart and our high school coaches can't have any contact with the middle school boys until after 8th grade graduation and have registered for high school so therefor they can't participate in spring practice going into their freshman year. Edited by wildcat89

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end result was as was hoped for. Cornersville had the want to, just not the could do. With the final result at 42-0 in favor of the visiting Tigers, I selfishly wanted them to only score 27. Why? With a running clock most of the third and all of the fourth, I felt cheated and wanted to see more Tiger football. Also, I wanted our little fellers to get some minutes and a taste of high school ball. Coach Palmer, ever the class act, took out our big playmakers midway into the third. It was good to see them cheering on and encouraging their subs, and congratulating them for making plays.

Kudos to #11 QB Holdemeyer for going 10 of 10 with his passing attack, and did some damage with his legs too.

I also want to give a shoutout to cornersville's QB. He hung tough, a freshman I think. They got some good runs using him up the middle and QB keepers. No air game to speak of, receivers dropped some potentially yardage gaining passes. And had one in the end zone early that hit him in the chest and dropped. He took a hard hit on one of his runs and after laying on the ground for a while, he was helped off the field. A few minutes later he came back in. The Tigers disrupted their game plan and forced several errors and fumbles. They had several QB-center exchange issues too.

The Tigers struck and struck often, both in the air and the ground. The result solidified our hold on second place in the region, and now we look forward to hosting Grace Christian next Friday. I hope we finish that game 30-0 and pitch another shutout, and play with no running clock.

The end result was as was hoped for. Cornersville had the want to, just not the could do. With the final result at 42-0 in favor of the visiting Tigers, I selfishly wanted them to only score 27. Why? With a running clock most of the third and all of the fourth, I felt cheated and wanted to see more Tiger football. Also, I wanted our little fellers to get some minutes and a taste of high school ball. Coach Palmer, ever the class act, took out our big playmakers midway into the third. It was good to see them cheering on and encouraging their subs, and congratulating them for making plays.

Kudos to #11 QB Holdemeyer for going 10 of 10 with his passing attack, and did some damage with his legs too.

I also want to give a shoutout to cornersville's QB. He hung tough, a freshman I think. They got some good runs using him up the middle and QB keepers. No air game to speak of, receivers dropped some potentially yardage gaining passes. And had one in the end zone early that hit him in the chest and dropped. He took a hard hit on one of his runs and after laying on the ground for a while, he was helped off the field. A few minutes later he came back in. The Tigers disrupted their game plan and forced several errors and fumbles. They had several QB-center exchange issues too.

The Tigers struck and struck often, both in the air and the ground. The result solidified our hold on second place in the region, and now we look forward to hosting Grace Christian next Friday. I hope we finish that game 30-0 and pitch another shutout, and play with no running clock.

Edited by sum1uno

First half was exciting to see. Missing out on drive without scoring in 2nd  quarter hurt. Interior line played well and #2 ran hard. 3rd quarter showed youth and inexperience. Overall though I do see a bright future for Cville. Good luck to Tigers for rest of season. Team played well with low number of players.