Semifinals in 6A

Governm

I know in the old set-up they changed it to where home field advantage was flipped every year in the semifinals, is it going to be the same way in this new set-up? Or will the team with the best record/ highest seed automatically get home field advantage in the semifinals? Thanks

It's been dubbed the "Maryville Rule" 91. So no, the team with the best record doesn't get to host each year.

I know in the old set-up they changed it to where home field advantage was flipped every year in the semifinals, is it going to be the same way in this new set-up? Or will the team with the best record/ highest seed automatically get home field advantage in the semifinals? Thanks

The format makes sense, but you are always going to have detractors for whatever reason. I say that because you could have a scenerio where every team that makes it to the semi-final game could all be 14-0. Then what? I'm sure there are a lot of people who could figure out how to decide what team treavels in that scenerio and what team has the home field advantage. If the team I rooted for where ever in that situation, and for whatever reason, my team had to travel ... legitimate or not ... you wouldn't be able to explain it to all of the supporters and parents and coaches and administrations without someone coming away feeling that they had just been cheated.

It's just better to swap from odd to even numbered reagions each season. Keeps the drama to a minimum.

The format makes sense, but you are always going to have detractors for whatever reason. I say that because you could have a scenerio where every team that makes it to the semi-final game could all be 14-0. Then what? I'm sure there are a lot of people who could figure out how to decide what team treavels in that scenerio and what team has the home field advantage. If the team I rooted for where ever in that situation, and for whatever reason, my team had to travel ... legitimate or not ... you wouldn't be able to explain it to all of the supporters and parents and coaches and administrations without someone coming away feeling that they had just been cheated.

It's just better to swap from odd to even numbered reagions each season. Keeps the drama to a minimum.

I like higher seed unless they're the same. Then do even/odd year scenario.