Wayne Co @ Collinwood

wildcat89

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on if #5 Lockley, their RB will be playing??

I know he missed the Bruceton game and had to come out last week. Heard he may be done for the yr. They have also lost their best Def player and FB Weaver a couple weeks back with a torn ACL.

We will not give up a score until 4th qtr on our 4th string freshman team.

Final:

WC - 49

Cwood - 6

WC wins, but the thought I'm having on this game is reckon Coach Rice should play the JV and let the game be closer than it should; letting the banged up starters rest and heal for the playoffs?... Rice can always put a few in for a series or two to keep the score cushioned in WC's favor, but I seriously think the JV is good enough for this game... Not taking the Trojans that lightly, but rather thinking those younger boys can handle their own with them what what I've heard and read from them playing in other games 3rd & 4th qtrs. And the starters need some healing time before the playoffs... This game off for the starting bunch with the 1st round bye will be 2 great weeks of rejuvenation for the banged up Cats...

WC wins, but the thought I'm having on this game is reckon Coach Rice should play the JV and let the game be closer than it should; letting the banged up starters rest and heal for the playoffs?... Rice can always put a few in for a series or two to keep the score cushioned in WC's favor, but I seriously think the JV is good enough for this game... Not taking the Trojans that lightly, but rather thinking those younger boys can handle their own with them what what I've heard and read from them playing in other games 3rd & 4th qtrs. And the starters need some healing time before the playoffs... This game off for the starting bunch with the 1st round bye will be 2 great weeks of rejuvenation for the banged up Cats...

I would seriously doubt Coach does that. I see your point though as we have 4 or 5 guys who could use some TLC! I would bet he plays 90% of the usual starters excluding a couple the 1st qtr or until we get up by 20+ points...maybe into the 2nd qtr. Then we will slowly empty our 56 player bench on them.

A cool stat is that 43 players on the WC team have gotten at least 1 tackle this season!!

The starters will play the first half then they're done. And Bigby there is no more bye weeks, straight to the first round for everybody.

True, TSSAA always changing things got me feeling like I dint know come here from sick'em... It is back to the old playoff system and no byes.

If only a few banged up starters, I would agree to play the rest, but rest the banged up ones. Gonna need to be 100% the rest of the way.

But them WC boys are a tough breed though, I think it's in the well water. :thumb: