Stone Memorial hosts East Hamilton

smpanthers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing more than a gut feeling really. I always had SM winning this game though. I just don't see EH slowing down yalls deadly rushing attack.

they struggled with a very bad Signal Mountain's version of the wing-t, giving up more points to them than anyone else on their schedule, and I feel we run it much better than them

they struggled with a very bad Signal Mountain's version of the wing-t, giving up more points to them than anyone else on their schedule, and I feel we run it much better than them

Struggled? Really? You see the game? Or are you just going by score? From memory they drove down the field on us two or three times in first half for one to and the opening drive the second half for a td. the third score was in the last few seconds of garbage time. Ooltewah put half a hundred on us- one of the better teams in the state. Soddy put 26 on us- but we put 28 on them. Wing t is not our weakness. Point being- signal did not have us struggling at any point of that game, once again go watch the video.

I'm not saying stone won't put half a hundred on us, he'll they might be able to, but to say we "struggled" with signal's wing t is laughable. Scores don't tell the whole story of a game. You should know, stone could have named the score in all their games since they have pulled the staters at the half every game

Struggled? Really? You see the game? Or are you just going by score? From memory they drove down the field on us two or three times in first half for one to and the opening drive the second half for a td. the third score was in the last few seconds of garbage time. Ooltewah put half a hundred on us- one of the better teams in the state. Soddy put 26 on us- but we put 28 on them. Wing t is not our weakness. Point being- signal did not have us struggling at any point of that game, once again go watch the video.

I'm not saying stone won't put half a hundred on us, he'll they might be able to, but to say we "struggled" with signal's wing t is laughable. Scores don't tell the whole story of a game. You should know, stone could have named the score in all their games since they have pulled the staters at the half every game

from watching the first half of the game, it seemed signal drove the ball down the field til about the 30, and then shot themselves in the foot by dropping a pass or getting a penalty on 3rd down. And I was saying that's the most signals scored all year, not the most you all have let up

Gotcha, just like I said though, we are definately a bend don't break defense. I'll say it again you WILL move the ball between the 20s. The last 20 will decide our fate. It's happened all year in our games.

good news for us is that a good d-lineman is probably playing through a sprained ankle Edited by smpanthers

Anyone know how the field is looking? Does stone practice on it or do they have a practice field? After all the rain this week, it does concern me about neutralizing team speed with a sloppy field. Not to mention neither team needs any injuries heading into next week.

the field looks great, and yes, they have a practice field. The forecast changed to clear skies for a good day of football