Riverdale VS Cookeville Winner Gets A Home Playoff Game

warrior82dad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know this for fact?

I know there have been discussions about coming to Tennessee. This program needs a builder from the ground up. Putting a new unproven guy into this job would only be hanging him out to the wolves. Even if for only a few years to get this program back on that building track. Im not sure you guys realize how far this program has fallen and im not talking about wins and losses...

I know there have been discussions about coming to Tennessee. This program needs a builder from the ground up. Putting a new unproven guy into this job would only be hanging him out to the wolves. Even if for only a few years to get this program back on that building track. Im not sure you guys realize how far this program has fallen and im not talking about wins and losses...

Riverdale is pretty far ahead of where Oakland was in 2008. They took a chance on an "unproven" coach and came out looking pretty good

I think Rutherford County puts a limit on coaches pay - - even from boosters.

Makes it tough for us to attract real big names from outside of our area.  I heard Hoover and Clay Chalk coaches are making $125K.  I dont know that for a fact but it doesnt seem unlikely.

We wont compete with that.

Heres a dos of reality. Everyone knows your team wouldn't be where its at if it wasn't for 2 players this year.....2 players doesn't make a team and youll figure that out as you get deeper in the playoffs...every coach has a team now and then where he rides the talent of a couple of players. That's doesn't make a program...Youll figure that out over the next few years as you compete in this region..

Actually...I don't need a "dos" because Cookeville isn't my team. You could also say that about every high school team. Most ride a couple of great players. Hence...I don't need to figure anything out.

They may like him being a Rankin protégé but a 22-11 record over the past 3 years isn't burning down the house...They need more than a field coach. They need a program builder..

That is a pretty good record at a Cookeville program that was not very good. They have improved a lot every year of those 3 years. This year they can play with anyone.