Round 1: Coalfield @Cloudland

TheMan2015

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just the result of what's been brewing the last 3 years. Following a 1-9 season in 2011, an influx of talent came into our football program and they underachieved. Things could have been so much better. A silver ball, 3 wins over Hampton. Those could have been achieved but when you feel its not necessary to prepare and work hard, then you have what we got here tonight.

I told people from the beginning that Pittman was not the answer. Now every sport we have is coached by somebody that really don't belong there. There is no pride anymore. I just can't beleive they just stood by and let this sorry excuse for a coach or man run this program down as bad as he has. People that know me know I would tell him to his face so don't think that I am on here bashing nobody the truth is the truth. Hopefully things will change but I don't see it happening any time soon. All I can say good luck to the kids coming up. And for the ones I coached you made it the best time of my life I hold each one of y'all close to my heart and if there is anything I can do I am always around.

I told people from the beginning that Pittman was not the answer. Now every sport we have is coached by somebody that really don't belong there. There is no pride anymore. I just can't beleive they just stood by and let this sorry excuse for a coach or man run this program down as bad as he has. People that know me know I would tell him to his face so don't think that I am on here bashing nobody the truth is the truth. Hopefully things will change but I don't see it happening any time soon. All I can say good luck to the kids coming up. And for the ones I coached you made it the best time of my life I hold each one of y'all close to my heart and if there is anything I can do I am always around.

You won't find anyone who disagrees with ya buddy

you hit the nail on the head with everything you said,probably hate to say this but the best coach up there right now is coaching jr girls basketball.i don't look to see any upgrades to the coaches there for a while,with the new administration.I feel that anyone on this board could have done just as well as Pittman has done and probably better,with the talent that has been there for the past couple of years

I've never been a head coach in my life and could've done better.  Why?  Number 1 is to be good at anything, you have to work hard at it.  That team would have worked their arses off.  Good hard work builds character and it gives a greater sense of satisfaction when you achieve a goal you worked hard for.  2. Be humble.  Don't be too proud to take criticism and instruction from someone who might see a better way than you do.  3.  Just be the frickin leader.  Cut off dissention at the pass.  Create consequences for bad choices and praise the efforts of those doing a good job.  4.  Utilize your weapons and show no favoritism.  This is a TEAM.  Z. Benfield would have been used against the bulldogs and anyone else for that matter.  N. Arnett would too.  5.  Be a person of high character and high integrity.  You can't have lazy leaders with poor attitudes.  This type of individual is weak.  Therefore your team will become WEAK.  Am I right fellers?

you hit the nail on the head with everything you said,probably hate to say this but the best coach up there right now is coaching jr girls basketball.i don't look to see any upgrades to the coaches there for a while,with the new administration.I feel that anyone on this board could have done just as well as Pittman has done and probably better,with the talent that has been there for the past couple of years

I love the Jr High bb coach. That feller has Passion and pure grit. Not afraid of hard work and has the nads to hold accountability. He's a winner and a goodun in my book

I've never been a head coach in my life and could've done better.  Why?  Number 1 is to be good at anything, you have to work hard at it.  That team would have worked their arses off.  Good hard work builds character and it gives a greater sense of satisfaction when you achieve a goal you worked hard for.  2. Be humble.  Don't be too proud to take criticism and instruction from someone who might see a better way than you do.  3.  Just be the frickin leader.  Cut off dissention at the pass.  Create consequences for bad choices and praise the efforts of those doing a good job.  4.  Utilize your weapons and show no favoritism.  This is a TEAM.  Z. Benfield would have been used against the bulldogs and anyone else for that matter.  N. Arnett would too.  5.  Be a person of high character and high integrity.  You can't have lazy leaders with poor attitudes.  This type of individual is weak.  Therefore your team will become WEAK.  Am I right fellers?

I don't see anything wrong with the above

I know the man came from a school with 2000 kids,and unlimited resources,but when he was offered the job why not just say no when he found out it was the head coaching position,instead of an assistant position.If your not willing or wanting to work hard not just for the kids but the community as well then don't accept the job.i just think he never has taken pride in the school or the team,just wanted to use it as a stepping stone,I maybe totally wrong.

I know the man came from a school with 2000 kids,and unlimited resources,but when he was offered the job why not just say no when he found out it was the head coaching position,instead of an assistant position.If your not willing or wanting to work hard not just for the kids but the community as well then don't accept the job.i just think he never has taken pride in the school or the team,just wanted to use it as a stepping stone,I maybe totally wrong.

You have to know Roan Mt or at least small town people to blend in. He was offered the job after a bunch of fighting and feuding. Some times things just back fire when you handle things in the wrong way. 91Lander can verify.