South Pittsburg vs Mount Pleasant (Grider against this Bradley man)

Roy Dillard

I don't remember what it was like before 2000. I do remember what it was like with 70 on the sidelines and Daily running wild. The numbers for the team and the crowd fell before Coach Smith left. That was also about the time the cannon left and the atmosphere. Here we are Two head coaches later. That trend doesn't build programs.

It destroys them. IMO it was a good year 6-4, you can build with that.

I like your optimism but just don't hate on me for telling the truth that in my opinion mTp will be worse off next year... A lot of teams in Region 4 will be better next year than mTp was this year... Nothing to build on but rather back to the chalk board trying to figure it out... Hayden Love and Zyshon Riley are the bright spots on the horizon though.

I like your optimism but just don't hate on me for telling the truth that in my opinion mTp will be worse off next year... A lot of teams in Region 4 will be better next year than mTp was this year... Nothing to build on but rather back to the chalk board trying to figure it out... Hayden Love and Zyshon Riley are the bright spots on the horizon though.

I agree, on paper, MTP should be down next year. All the skill players will be sophomores, with the exception of 38. He hurt his passing shoulder in the Huntland game and didn't attempt a pass the rest of the year but toughed it out. If he can get it together, watch out. A lot of the line will be back although still just juniors. As you said earlier, the defense needs work and IMO a lot of time in the weight room.

With all respect, the only team able to get a +21 deficit on Fayetteville this year was a (still) undefeated Franklin Road Academy Division II team.  Our only other loss was a 29-23 loss to Columbia Academy, in a game we dominated until the final 2 minutes. We also won our only foray with a 2A team 49-21 earlier in the year.  I think this Fayetteville / SP game will be a little tougher for SP than anyone wants to admit.

If sp doesn't beat Fayetteville by 3-4 TDS it will be a shock.

With all respect, the only team able to get a +21 deficit on Fayetteville this year was a (still) undefeated Franklin Road Academy Division II team. Our only other loss was a 29-23 loss to Columbia Academy, in a game we dominated until the final 2 minutes. We also won our only foray with a 2A team 49-21 earlier in the year. I think this Fayetteville / SP game will be a little tougher for SP than anyone wants to admit.

We just hope to slow you down a little.

Losing Warnsley and Crawford will be a tough thing to overcome but thts whag you got to do yr n yr out in 1A Football around home. Also yall lose Russell and I think 5 more SRs. Riley #13 looks like he will be a good player though like you said. I'm not sure who Love is...what grade is he?

Losing Warnsley and Crawford will be a tough thing to overcome but thts whag you got to do yr n yr out in 1A Football around home. Also yall lose Russell and I think 5 more SRs. Riley #13 looks like he will be a good player though like you said. I'm not sure who Love is...what grade is he?

The running back posistion is going to be hard to fill with Warnsley gone....

Hayden Love is the MS QB and a good one. I am pretty sure he is going to be a Freshman next year. I would like to see him starting QB with Zo #38 at TE/FB with Zyshon at TB. #30 at WR.... mTp would be better under center with play action pass and I formation running game next year from what the talent I see them having left. Spread the field with a short passing game would get them somewhere. Coach sticks with a single wing style run offense again next year mTp will be at the bottom.

Good news I just got today is mTp is getting a really good Senior transfer back from Culleoka at OLB, last name Isabel... Really good I've been told... No sit out year due to bona-fide address.

Edited by Big Bigby

The running back posistion is going to be hard to fill with Warnsley gone....

Hayden Love is the MS QB and a good one. I am pretty sure he is going to be a Freshman next year. I would like to see him starting QB with Zo #38 at TE/FB with Zyshon at TB. #30 at WR.... mTp would be better under center with play action pass and I formation running game next year from what the talent I see them having left. Spread the field with a short passing game would get them somewhere. Coach sticks with a single wing style run offense again next year mTp will be at the bottom.

Good news I just got today is mTp is getting a really good Senior transfer back from Culleoka at OLB, last name Isabel... Really good I've been told... No sit out year due to bona-fide address.

I know yall had a very good MS team this yr but idk anything about the personnel on the team so ill take your word for it! Thats good about the transfer....sure wish we got those sometimes at WC! We are usually good for 1 or 2 Clifton river rats every other yr but thats about it

Somebody bring a Defibrillator for these SP folks - I'm afraid they might have a heart attack Friday night if they're expecting a 3-4 TD blowout!

Apparently you haven't watch sp play ball. Fville said this same junk 2 or 3 yrs ago when they came to play the boys who wear the real orange and black. Guess we will see friday. If sp does get beat fville better celebrate the whole year cause it will be a long time before it happens again.

Apparently you haven't watch sp play ball. Fville said this same junk 2 or 3 yrs ago when they came to play the boys who wear the real orange and black. Guess we will see friday. If sp does get beat fville better celebrate the whole year cause it will be a long time before it happens again.

I'm not saying ya'll cant play, I'm just saying I really hope ya'll are preparing for the team that Fayetteville brought to SP 2 years ago instead of this team we've got now.  @ years ago, that Fayetteville team was our first year with a Varsity team - our high school is only 5 years old.  If SP wins this one, they win by a touchdown or less, but from the film I've watched, I think Fayetteville will give SP more than they want come Friday.

Somebody bring a Defibrillator for these SP folks - I'm afraid they might have a heart attack Friday night if they're expecting a 3-4 TD blowout!

I never said we would blowout Fayetteville. We are very young and small. We have gotten better over the course of the season and are playing pretty decent right now. We are a slightly above average 1A team just like Fayetteville. If your team or ours make it to the big game we will get pummeled very badly. Two above average 1A teams playing a friendly game of football on Friday. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not saying ya'll cant play, I'm just saying I really hope ya'll are preparing for the team that Fayetteville brought to SP 2 years ago instead of this team we've got now. @ years ago, that Fayetteville team was our first year with a Varsity team - our high school is only 5 years old. If SP wins this one, they win by a touchdown or less, but from the film I've watched, I think Fayetteville will give SP more than they want come Friday.

Maam you watch film? That's impressive.