Rockwood(8-2) hosts Happy Valley(6-4) first round

Your JV would give them a game.Rock wood rests the starters after 2.Have you not seen this team yet??YAWN....☺

Oh. Ok.....you stumped me. Lol. I just hope we arent looking past HV at a possible 2nd round rematch with Grace. We got banged up in the Tellico game. Starters need to heal a little. No, i havent seen anything on HV yet. Should know more by Monday

Oh. Ok.....you stumped me. Lol. I just hope we arent looking past HV at a possible 2nd round rematch with Grace. We got banged up in the Tellico game. Starters need to heal a little. No, i havent seen anything on HV yet. Should know more by Monday

JV's won't beat um Tiger but you're varsity will. I think they are a little short handed but they do have some weapons.

JV's won't beat um Tiger but you're varsity will. I think they are a little short handed but they do have some weapons.

Hopefully we can get some younger players on the field in the 2nd half. We really need to rest the 1st team. Lick some wounds we picked up in the Tellico game. I think we will be ready. Hardest part is having to play a team that we know very little about. Couple of game films dont show you everything about a team. I guess thats something we are all having to deal with this week. Edited by TigerNation14

Statistical Comparison of Happy Valley and Rockwood:

• Rockwood 8-2, Happy Valley 6-4
  • Rockwood leads series 5-1, last meeting 2003
  • Rockwood 5-0 at home, Happy Valley 4-1 on the road
  • Both teams average ~38 ppg. (Avg. scores: RHS: 38-17, HV: 38-23) 
  • RHS avg score in losses: 27-35; HV avg score in losses: 24-35
  • Rockwood 2-1 vs. teams with winning records
  • HV: 0-4 vs. teams with winning records
  • RHS best win: Austin East (8-2), worst loss: GCA (5-5)
  • HV best wiin: Unicoi County (5-5), worst loss: Cloudland/Gatlinburg-Pittman (6-4)

Interesting point, Happy Valley played Hampton closer than any team this year (17 points). HV's 4 losses were by 17,16, 7, and 6 points.

Even though HV did not beat a team with a winning record, they have scored 20+ every game since week 1. 

Based on the stats & Rockwood having home field advantange, I set the score line at 38-24, Tigers.

Statistical Comparison of Happy Valley and Rockwood:

• Rockwood 8-2, Happy Valley 6-4
  • Rockwood leads series 5-1, last meeting 2003
  • Rockwood 5-0 at home, Happy Valley 4-1 on the road
  • Both teams average ~38 ppg. (Avg. scores: RHS: 38-17, HV: 38-23)
  • RHS avg score in losses: 27-35; HV avg score in losses: 24-35
  • Rockwood 2-1 vs. teams with winning records
  • HV: 0-4 vs. teams with winning records
  • RHS best win: Austin East (8-2), worst loss: GCA (5-5)
  • HV best wiin: Unicoi County (5-5), worst loss: Cloudland/Gatlinburg-Pittman (6-4)
Interesting point, Happy Valley played Hampton closer than any team this year (17 points). HV's 4 losses were by 17,16, 7, and 6 points.

Even though HV did not beat a team with a winning record, they have scored 20+ every game since week 1.

Based on the stats & Rockwood having home field advantange, I set the score line at 38-24, Tigers.

Interesting comparison....thanks for the info. In our worst loss (Grace), we blew a 14 point lead in the last 6 minutes after our primary RB was ejected. Lost in OT. Not making excuses. Thats just how the game fell out. The other loss came at the hands of a very good 3A team (Kingston 8-2). Home field advantage should weigh heavily in this game. That 2 hour has to be a disadvantage.

Interesting comparison....thanks for the info. In our worst loss (Grace), we blew a 14 point lead in the last 6 minutes after our primary RB was ejected. Lost in OT. Not making excuses. Thats just how the game fell out. The other loss came at the hands of a very good 3A team (Kingston 8-2). Home field advantage should weigh heavily in this game. That 2 hour has to be a disadvantage.

You fellers will win fairly handily but its not the mismatch some people think it is.Home field sure won't hurt matters.

You fellers will win fairly handily but its not the mismatch some people think it is.Home field sure won't hurt matters.

Survive and advance. Thats all that matters now. Brand new season. I'm guilty of looking past HV towards a rematch with GCA. Then again, my old butt wont be on the field playing ball Friday night. Just hope our kids can stay focused on the task at hand. Everything else will work itself out.

Game at a time.....