GOOSESDAD

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOP!!!! LET'S GO OWLS!!! #BIGBOYFOOTBALL IN DA HOUSE  :mrgreen:

SODDY PUTS UP 33....26 IN GARBAGE TIME!!! #LOP

RHEA SHUT IT DOWN IN EVANSVILLE!LOP

AND DEM OWLS HAD 7 SACKS ON THACK....HE RAW THO.....

KUDOS TO CLINTON. THEY CAME OUT AND DROVE THE BALL 70 YDS DOWN THE FIELD TO THE ENDZONE...THACK IS SMART AND DON'T MAKE ILL ADVISED THROWS...THAT STUD WAS THE QB, SAFETY AND PUNTER.....WITH A LITTLE MORE HELP THEY WOULD BE RAW....GOT TO BE DEEP TO HANG WITH DEM OWLS FOR 4 QTRS...#LOP DEM DOGS ON DEFENSE CAME OUT A LITTLE FLAT..BUT PENT DEM EERS BACK AND WENT TO WORK ...MY BUDDY DOUG WAS NOT HAVIN ANOTHER SHOOTOUT....#LOP :popcorneater:

I never saw them play, but wished I had of. But, I did see '94 Riverdale play and in an IFL matchup I would take that team over any team Cleveland produced in the 90's. Had about 10 guys go D1 off of that team. Loaded is an understatement. Best team I have ever seen.

I actually got to see them play three times. I seen the Cobb brothers run all over Clinton in 93, seen them in one of the Clinic Bowl games and seen the streak come to an end against Anderson Co. Cleveland was also loaded in 92 but lost to Riverdale the week before Clinton knocked off the Warriors.

Interesting to hear Thackerson played safety last night. Clinton's safety #11 got injured late in our game and Thackerson came in. I figured they would find someone else to play this week since he is essentially their entire offense. Sounds like him playing all night on defense and offense led to an under-powered Clinton offense. 

Interesting to hear Thackerson played safety last night. Clinton's safety #11 got injured late in our game and Thackerson came in. I figured they would find someone else to play this week since he is essentially their entire offense. Sounds like him playing all night on defense and offense led to an under-powered Clinton offense.

Ooltewah did an awesome job of making sure Tyler and J'Qu an didn't beat them. Give all the credit to Ooltewah's defense and coaching staff.

I actually got to see them play three times. I seen the Cobb brothers run all over Clinton in 93, seen them in one of the Clinic Bowl games and seen the streak come to an end against Anderson Co. Cleveland was also loaded in 92 but lost to Riverdale the week before Clinton knocked off the Warriors.

The only game I ever lost iny high school career was that night against Anderson county. That night still gives me nightmares to this day.

Good luck tonight! I'll be pulling for ya!

Thanks, we were certainly pulling for you guys too. Tonight will be a little tougher than most expect from everything I have heard about Cleveland. I haven't gotten to see them play at all, but from scores and talk on here, they are a much improved team from the beginning of the season and are playing pretty good football right now. 

Ad, Cleveland will be very tough in the near future, but tonight they are certainly overmatched.  All the rain and sloppy field will definitely make for an interesting ballgame.  Should limit possessions for both teams.  This game should go by fast with limited possessions and passing.  So, a mistake like losing a fumble could be huge in a game like this.