Bledsoe @ forrest

TheTruthPrevails

If you prefer the interstate, 24 to 840 West to Exit 42... 15 miles down to Chapel Hill... Ice Cream Parlor is excellent though, also the Bell Buckle Cafe.

I ate there yesterday. The ice cream parlor has the best black walnut and butter pecan offered. They also serve food as well as the Cafe. It is a 'can't miss' if you are anywhere close.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that all you Region 3 folks keep dogging Region 4. Will make Friday night all that sweeter.

I feel your pain. We were picked almost by all in the local paper to lose to Tyner and Marion Co. I understand your feeling of 'no respect'. I suggest that you just calm down and let your team speak for themself. Nothing that we say on this will impact the game. It is fun conversing!! Good luck to you and your team Friday!!

With the history we have had with Tyner, I expect Watertown to be in for a rude awakening. We have brought some very good teams to the table and had nothing for them in the past. I have not seen Tyner this year but I would expect linemen between 280-330 and backs that will juke your socks off. Watertown did not look to have much team speed at all, I see that being a huge factor in the game. Tyner always has speed. If Tyner protects the ball, I say that Tyner wins 34-14.

Edited by 123EaglePride

Truth Prevails is right, Bledsoe just isn't very good. They have not beaten a quality team or even a team that ended up with a winning record. The coach even said "our goal is to reach the playoffs" in the paper. What kind of goal is that? They take 4 teams from each region. The sad part is after this year Bledsoe will be much worse until this group of 8th graders are about Jrs. Their just isn't much behind this group of Srs until these kids get there.

Hold up! In a region that has 3 of the best teams in the state and making the playoffs to you is not a reasonable goal for a first head coach? You have got to be absolutely delusional. Honestly, with the talent Bledsoe has, could they beat Marion Boyd and Tyner? The answer is NO! This team has been battling injuries and illness all year. I sat their Friday night watching Bledsoe's senior night wondering how many players are recovering from injuries right now? Also I watched 21 puke his guts out everytime he came off the field because he is sick but still he wants to play. From what I understand he has been sick all year and he is a difference maker when he is in the game. Not saying Bledsoe wins more if he is healthy, but he would have a major impact on the teams performance.

So Bledsoe dosnt have much talent coming it's called a down cycle every team especially rural schools go through them. Bledsoe isn't exactly known for its great talent year in and year out. Give me a break you guys made the playoffs and beat a decent team just to get in. Go ask any of Meigs players, coaches, and fans if they would like to be playing Friday in the playoffs instead of sitting at home. I guarantee you they would love to be playing.

Edited by Rhea Co.

With 6 classifications plus 2 divisions of private schools and taking 4 teams from each region, NO a goal of simply making the playoffs is not reasonable. When I played, yes that has been several years ago, we had 3 classifications that included private schools, and no one would have thought a 4th place finish in the region would have been acceptable. As far as a first year head coach, I was there when a first year head coach took Bledsoe to the quarterfinals and there were only 24 teams left playing in the entire state. To put that into  perspective, that is the same number of teams that will be playing in the semi-finals NOT counting the private schools.

With 6 classifications plus 2 divisions of private schools and taking 4 teams from each region, NO a goal of simply making the playoffs is not reasonable. When I played, yes that has been several years ago, we had 3 classifications that included private schools, and no one would have thought a 4th place finish in the region would have been acceptable. As far as a first year head coach, I was there when a first year head coach took Bledsoe to the quarterfinals and there were only 24 teams left playing in the entire state. To put that into  perspective, that is the same number of teams that will be playing in the semi-finals NOT counting the private schools.

Since you seem to think we have no talent at all I'd love to see you come be the head coach and see if anything is different. As a matter of fact I guarantee if your the coach Bledsoe fans are sitting at home this Friday night. I applaud the job Coach Owensby and his staff have done this year. Clearly he doesn't have the talent that Marion and Boyd has but he has made the most of it. With kids having to play both ways and special teams. And as I said previously it is a major accomplishment to make the playoffs. Even better when you make it in a region with 3 of the top 5 teams in the state in 2A. 

Omniscience you are lazy and have done no research. Watertown's best player was out for the Grundy game. It's tiring to keep explaining that to the Tyner groupies. We both predict a Forrest win, so I am glad you have your head screwed on with that one.

You should be able to route Grundy with your 9th graders.  If you can't do that, H2O is going to struggle with Tyner.  Tyner has had plenty of injuries of their own during the season. Forrest should beat Bledsoe, but Bledsoe could give them some problems if they show up to play. 

Edited by rlh

With 6 classifications plus 2 divisions of private schools and taking 4 teams from each region, NO a goal of simply making the playoffs is not reasonable. When I played, yes that has been several years ago, we had 3 classifications that included private schools, and no one would have thought a 4th place finish in the region would have been acceptable. As far as a first year head coach, I was there when a first year head coach took Bledsoe to the quarterfinals and there were only 24 teams left playing in the entire state. To put that into perspective, that is the same number of teams that will be playing in the semi-finals NOT counting the private schools.

Wake up call, TIMES HAVE CHANGED! Stop living in the 90s, that was 20 years ago! The 3 classification wouldn't work now too many new schools have been built since the 3 classifications. Now yes there are too many classifications now but it's not like any one out here has any influence on that. Personally there should be 5 public and 2 privates with all private in DII.

Bledsoe is exactly where I would expect them to be a 4th place team in a region that has Boyd Marion and Tyner. Bledsoe is not going to beat those three. They don't have the talent to match them. You could have one the best coaches in the state but if you don't have the genetics on the field, coaching can only take you so far.

Edited by Rhea Co.

These guys aren't interested in talking about the game. Some just want to take up for the coach and blame others for another sub-par year and another just wants people to forget who fumbled away Bledsoe's only real shot at a state title at Loudon a long time ago. I don't know if Bledsoe can pull off the win this week or not but they have played much better competition than Forrest up to this point. Bledsoe has a couple of big running backs that can get the job done when they stay focused and are healthy. They struggle up front on both sides of the ball but also have a couple of pretty good LBs and their defensive backs are much better than they are given credit for. I think it will be a good game and hope we travel well and have a good crowd.