Bledsoe @ forrest

TheTruthPrevails

Not sure if that's a shot at Marion or not but our starters were out at halftime. They may have gotten one series in the third.

I don't understand what you are saying, but I do not take "take shots" at other teams. Unlike so many folks here, I don't post often and I don't hype any team.... Just honest observations. I don't understand who's starters you are talking about being out at halftime.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what you are saying, but I do not take "take shots" at other teams. Unlike so many folks here, I don't post often and I don't hype any team.... Just honest observations. I don't understand who's starters you are talking about being out at halftime.

Marion's vs Bledsoe is what I was referring to. Is there a local paper that will have the stats tomorrow?

No I wasn't taking a shot at Marion. We played very slow tonight. Probably too slow. Our defense is pretty good. But we won't keep you off the board. Our offense will have to pace yours. I don't think yall will shut us out though.

As for tonight. Looked like coach k held back. And don't worry, we will have our 2a lineman selection there as well.

I dunno, I didn't leave the game feeling very good. We look so slow and Marion is going to pick on our tiny little cornerback all night. Didn't understand why our tackling was so bad and why we kept running toss sweeps. QB looked shaky. Missed a bunch of open guys. How hard did we practice this week? Maybe we need to shake things up.

And how come we only run the ball to our side line? I don't get that at all. Are we afraid that a coach or player on the other team's sideline is going to take one of our players out?

could be because they played on Thursday night. They have been on a set schedule all season and having to play a day early could have thrown a wrench in the gears. Edited by leadfarmer

I dunno, I didn't leave the game feeling very good. We look so slow and Marion is going to pick on our tiny little cornerback all night. Didn't understand why our tackling was so bad and why we kept running toss sweeps. QB looked shaky. Missed a bunch of open guys. How hard did we practice this week? Maybe we need to shake things up.

And how come we only run the ball to our side line? I don't get that at all. Are we afraid that a coach or player on the other team's sideline is going to take one of our players out?

Wow, you ask way too many dumb questions. I doubt the coaches and players give two cents about how you "feel". Their job is to win and advance, and that's exactly what they did. Go Rockets. 

Wow, you ask way too many dumb questions. I doubt the coaches and players give two cents about how you "feel". Their job is to win and advance, and that's exactly what they did. Go Rockets.

I just really hope that we were holding back. Running mojo 23648203 times just isn't going to work against the boys from Jasper.

I just really hope that we were holding back. Running mojo 23648203 times just isn't going to work against the boys from Jasper.

That's what I'm saying Mr. Watungas. 

I was just making an observation, truth2008. I can't have an opinion too? Why do you get so butt hurt every time somebody has an opinion other than yours? Starting to wonder if you're a coach or maybe a coach's lady friend as defensive as you get about everything.

A win is a win...

- Before I get into my comments and analysis of last night's game, I want to go over some important announcements. If and when Marion wins tonight, I will get these posted on any Marion Co- Forrest thread that appears.

(Do NOT list Forrest first on this thread, and do NOT capitalize Forrest. Thread title should read "Marion Co. @ forrest" FYI.)

There is an initiative that will be finalized sometime today- this initiative has four phases.

1) The scoreboard. A change is needed. There will need to be an installment of a field for a third and perhaps a FOURTH digit in the score for the visiting team. Marion is coming to town more than likely, and 100 points minimum is a given. A vote will be held later today on the fourth digit, in case they hit 1000. Because we play in a cupcake region, this has not been an issue in the past, but with a real team coming here, we will need to make this adjustment.

2) Midfield. The "F" will need to be replace with a "M" since they are going to own us and our venue.

3) There will be T shirts on sale this week. We are calling this "Mercy Rule Week" in honor of the mercy rule game that will take place Friday. We are going one step further, and although this isn't set in stone, it's very close. We are actually going to list an acronym in honor of Marion ON the T shirt. This is tentatively what the acronym will say.

M- Marion

E- Expects

R- Rocket

C- Collapse

Y- Y'all

R- Rockets

U- Unable to

L- Lace up with Marion

E- End of Story

4) There will be pads of paper and pencils on either side of the admission tables. Each person, man, woman and child, is expected to take. We will be making history. Eternal history. Everyone is expected to write his or her thoughts as the Marion team warms up and takes the field. These writings will be collected, edited for grammar and length, and submitted to the Southern Baptist Convention to be included in The Book of Marion, which will become REQUIRED reading in all Marshall County schools going forward.

That is all for now. Stay tuned as I get updates.

Edited by Amerigha

Make sure you hold up your end of the bargain when Marion doesn't mercy rule Forrest and doesn't score 40. :thumb:

I've been told 100's of times the team I cheer for would lose. When they don't those people have to ear crow. It's simply a prediction. And... What I said was I would never post again if Forrest beat Marion. I also said Marion would win by a minimum of 21, but a mercy rule wouldn't surprise me. Edited by TheAmbassador

Forrest 28

Bledsoe Co 13

I've NEVER seen so much hand-wringing after a win as some of you Forrest fans in my life. I saw the following:

- Before I could even sit down, it was 14-0

- Bledsoe was slightly better than Westmoreland as a whole, not so much because of talent, but because they did not quit like Westmoreland did. Bledsoe would have finished 3rd in our region. They aren't close to Watertown. Or us. Which brings me to..

- This game was over at 28-6 in the 3rd. At no point did I EVER think Bledsoe had a prayer. At all.

- Our JV kids got tons of reps in the 2nd half, including a QB sack and stuffing Bledsoe in their own endzone. Bledsoe actually punted the next to last play of the game.

- Forrest the entire 2nd half was vanilla as all get out. McCormick could have been our sponsor.

- It was completely obvious to all but you hand wringers that Forrest decided, "These guys can't do anything, let's play it safe and get our of here and get ready for next week" As a fan, would I have liked to have scored another 21 pts? Could we have? An emphatic YES on both accounts. But I am not the coach. They decided to do it that way. We won. No problems.

- We yielded 13 points to Bledsoe. Marion yielded 10. Comparing common opponents can provide some insight, but is a flawed strategy as a whole.

- Turnovers, guess what, are part of the game. We got 3 picks. Funny how teams lose that turn the ball over.

Regarding Bledsoe:

- Their fans, coaches, and team, should be proud. I saw someone complaining about their season. From that region, you did as well as can be expected. You didn't quit, had a nice turnout, your band performed, and we treated you with class and respect. Thanks for coming to our house and representing your town and school very well. Just good ole small town folks. We can relate.

- The coach went for that wacky 4th down, and went to the air as the game slipped away, because he had no choice. He was severely outmatched and he knew it. Again, their kids fought hard. Whoever was on here complaining that Bledsoe's play calling was why they lost has a pedestrian understand of the game at best.

Regarding a potential Forrest v Marion Co game:

- Forrest was beaten 26-7 by Adamsville 3 years ago. That team had Zak Neary and several other studs. It was 13-7 late in the first half. So this idea that Marion is going to mercy rule us on our home field is, get ready, ASININE. Our kids will puke blood for a month before they let ANYONE do that to us. We are considerably better than our 2013 team. We haven't hosted a 2nd round game in forever. Our entire town will be ready. Fans, coaches, kids. Everyone knows what's happening. Everyone understands the ramifications.

- Is Marion 2015 BETTER than Adamsville 2013? Is Marion 2015 even better than Marion 2014? Ambassador's almost fetish-like obsession with trolling every Forrest thread with his "mercy rule" type statements, is something the likes of which will rarely be witnessed in sports. Marion mercy-ruled HIS team folks. He is almost like a teeny bopper who puts posters of her favorite star all over her room. Get it together Bass.

- I'm not predicting a win. I'm not predicting a loss either. Either team can win this game. A variety of factors will determine the outcome. Friday the 13th is gonna be a wild one in Chapel Hill. Enter The Rock at your own risk. The 2015 Forrest Rockets have a chance to make history.

Edited by Amerigha

Amerigha, I simply recognize very good teams. Yes, Marion County mercy ruled SP earlier in the year. The rapid pace they play at on offense allows them to get a lot of offensive possessions. Even a ball control offense has trouble with how many times they get the ball. Make NO mistake about it. They are our bitter rivals, but they are very good. I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion. It's just an opinion. If I'm wrong about Forrest then I have no problem saying it. I always do that when I'm wrong about a team.