Bledsoe @ forrest

TheTruthPrevails

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my insight, wanted or unwanted. My nephew played on the 2009 Forrest team that went 9-1. That team was big, very fast, very physical, and very fundamental. Offensively they could throw on any down and distance, and ran the ball very effectively with a rb who rushed for 1100+ yards (Quezaire), a qb who threw for 800+ yards (Leonard), and a receiver who had over 1000+ all purpose yards (Abrigo). Also a offensive and defensive line that was enormous and physical. Hate to say it but that team was head and shoulders above this year's team in talent. That 2009 Forrest team was expected to run deep into the playoffs, but got put out by a 6-4 Marion County team in the first round. That was the last time these two teams met. I haven't missed a Forrest football game in 9 years so my eye test on our teams is accurate IMO. This year's Marion County team is supposedly better than their 2009 team so it appears that we are at a strong disadvantage. Here's the kicker, I believe that Forrest is better coached now, I believe that the kids believe in themselves, and I see that they gel well as a team. But the coaching staff CANNOT take the same approach to Marion as they did with Bledsoe. They need to throw the entire book at this Marion team and win the turnover battle by a large margin in order to win. It can be done and stranger things have happened, but lack luster play calling WILL send you home early against this team, book it. Score fast and often, because that is what you are going to get from your opponent. Go Rockets and good luck!!!

You took a look at the score and immediately posted, and i mean immediately, almost like you had a template ready to go, that Forrest will be mercy ruled. You didn't even ask yourself, hmm I wonder if JV played the 2nd half. You obviously know a lot about the game and the scene here. I respect that. You enjoy tweaking Rockets fans and you have every right. No complaints here. But I will defend our program wherever I see us getting run down, esp when it's unfair.

Games have a tendency to tighten up as the playoffs deepen. Not going to pick a winner here, as I never have, but it'll be fairly close and a lot will depend on possessions, turnovers and the kicking game. A legend who once roamed the sidelines in State College, PA. said that an awful lot. And, he won a few games lol

You took a look at the score and immediately posted, and i mean immediately, almost like you had a template ready to go, that Forrest will be mercy ruled. You didn't even ask yourself, hmm I wonder if JV played the 2nd half. You obviously know a lot about the game and the scene here. I respect that. You enjoy tweaking Rockets fans and you have every right. No complaints here. But I will defend our program wherever I see us getting run down, esp when it's unfair.

Saying that another team is a lot better isn't running down your program. Your team is a good solid team, but it will take a lot more than that to have any type of chance against Marion.

Our jv played the entire second half against Bledsoe as well. To answer a few of your questions, yes this Marion team is overall better than the 2014 team. We miss our fullback that got us an automatic four yards, no doubt, but the kids are all a year older and more experienced. Lost a fullback, gained a dynamic qb. Next year, this team will return 8 on defense and 7 on offense so they are still relatively young. Coaching is better from that 09 team as well. Honestly, I look for a good game next week if we make it. Would I love to see a blowout? Absolutely, do I expect to come to Forrest and for that to happen, absolutely not.

TTP you've been a voice of reason from Jasper and I appreciate it. Thanks for the insight. We had a Mr Football finalist in McClendon last year who lost out to your guy BZ and our kid averaged about 6 yards a carry. I totally get how you can lose a star and get better overall.

I can tell you that our program has been watching this carefully and knew this was a possibility for some time. The key was to GET to this game and not look ahead like we did with Adamsville/Riverside last year. Now we just go out and play.

Being matched up with Region 3 is no easy task, but people forget we were matched up against the district that had Adamsville, TCA and Riverside the last 2 years, so we are used to it getting much more intense very quickly. Riverside had a stud QB, Luke Ward, in 2013, but the team that beat us last year was better than that team.

Edited by Amerigha