moore co vs whitwill

bigboy95

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting another dose of Columbia Academy in my opinion should work in Whitwell's favor. The past is just that , the past. Everyone has a chance to change their stars from this point on. I think the coaching staff did a great job preparing for Moore Co. And pretty much controlled the clock and tempo with their ground game. Whitwell has a very good offense for the field conditions tonight. It was awesome that Whitwell was able to host a playoff game but to win was priceless.

Not to seem negative or anything, but I was disappointed in the attendance for tonight's game. The kids, coaches, and boosters have worked hard to bring the pride back to the community of Whitwell. I understand the rain and all, but the Whitwell side should have been packed. Go Tigers!

Getting another dose of Columbia Academy in my opinion should work in Whitwell's favor. The past is just that , the past. Everyone has a chance to change their stars from this point on. I think the coaching staff did a great job preparing for Moore Co. And pretty much controlled the clock and tempo with their ground game. Whitwell has a very good offense for the field conditions tonight. It was awesome that Whitwell was able to host a playoff game but to win was priceless.

Not to seem negative or anything, but I was disappointed in the attendance for tonight's game. The kids, coaches, and boosters have worked hard to bring the pride back to the community of Whitwell. I understand the rain and all, but the Whitwell side should have been packed. Go Tigers!

Whitwell will need to pressure that QB to make early throws to stay close- the big reciever has got to be bumped, pushed as he comes off the line hit on every play. He's got to be delayed and thrown off his route- you got to get his mind on getting hit instead of catching the ball. That's CA's bread and butter. Chunk it up and that big aggressive fellow goes up and get it and it works for them. Offensively Whitwell needs to find away to get that big running back off defense and use him only on offense as much as possible- he is a punisher running the ball and good for 4 to 5 yds and he gets less effective when playing both sides from fatigue. Four Qtrs of him resting on defense and pounding the rock on offense puts Whitwell in a lot better shape to pull a W. Depth is an issue but with the offense CA has he brings more value running the ball on offense keeping the ball out of CA hands grinding the clock than defense.

Good receivers can have terrible nights when they are looking around to see where the hit is coming from before they look for the ball.

Whitwell will need to pressure that QB to make early throws to stay close- the big reciever has got to be bumped, pushed as he comes off the line hit on every play. He's got to be delayed and thrown off his route- you got to get his mind on getting hit instead of catching the ball. That's CA's bread and butter. Chunk it up and that big aggressive fellow goes up and get it and it works for them. Offensively Whitwell needs to find away to get that big running back off defense and use him only on offense as much as possible- he is a punisher running the ball and good for 4 to 5 yds and he gets less effective when playing both sides from fatigue. Four Qtrs of him resting on defense and pounding the rock on offense puts Whitwell in a lot better shape to pull a W. Depth is an issue but with the offense CA has he brings more value running the ball on offense keeping the ball out of CA hands grinding the clock than defense.

Good receivers can have terrible nights when they are looking around to see where the hit is coming from before they look for the ball.

Some decent thoughts, but the problem lies in that Thompson is just a slice in a whole loaf of bread that gets buttered in CA's offense.

CB double teamed him all night last night and he beat both of them and still came up with the ball and big plays. Thompson is D1 material as a receiver in my opinion.

Tackling him at the line of scrimmage might stop him.... but now we know that's not legal.😉

Focus too much on Thompson and CA will burn you in the run game and short passing game. They have what it takes to get 1st downs all night long. And then when you load up to stop that with those other players, they burn you deep with Thompson. CA forces you to stay honest on defense and plays the gaps left open on the field... I am very impressed with their coaching staff.

Some decent thoughts, but the problem lies in that Thompson is just a slice in a whole loaf of bread that gets buttered in CA's offense.

CB double teamed him all night last night and he beat both of them and still came up with the ball and big plays. Thompson is D1 material as a receiver in my opinion.

Tackling him at the line of scrimmage might stop him.... but now we know that's not legal.

Focus too much on Thompson and CA will burn you in the run game and short passing game. They have what it takes to get 1st downs all night long. And then when you load up to stop that with those other players, they burn you deep with Thompson. CA forces you to stay honest on defense and plays the gaps left open on the field... I am very impressed with their coaching staff.

Chicken is right and yes double teaming can work but you got to mix it up with him on the line of scrimmage- you can't play five yards off and let him run down the field.