Boyd Buchanan Vs Tyner II. The sequel

orangeslice13

I think if Marion doesn't get the bad call before halftime they go in with a 14 to 7 lead. Then Boyd made adjustments and controlled 2nd half. I do think u can throw the ball on Boyd if you get the time. If number #9 doesn't play this week or next it hurts Boyd dedense,a lot bc he is that good

IF Boyd doesn't throw a INT in the end zone, and IF Boyd didn't get Field Goal Blocked and IF they actually kicked the ball AWAY from Henderson on kickoff the game would've been 31-7. That's a 17 point swing. Football is always a game of "IFs". Having said that I think Marion County wins the rematch IF Boyd gets by Tyner but Boyd beat Marion County worse than the scoreboard showed that night. I give all the credit in the world to your coaches at winning at the little stuff in that game to have a shot at the end. What Ross has done is very impressive and that's coming from a Pirate alum.

Boyd should have never thrown that pass actually. They were running it down our throats the whole way down the field and decide to pass when they get to the three? That was a horrible horrible playcall.

Same thing vs SP. pick 6.

Sometimes you out think yourself when calling plays.

I know of 7 specific plays I would love to have back from when I coached years ago. And that was just travel ball. I would want no part of play calling at the high school level or higher.

Just to clear up about the previous games. #1 got hurt with Boyd 1st and goal inside the 5 about to go up 20-7. Maybe just maybe Tyner runs the ball succefully after going down 20-7 for the first time all game. Tyner had 11 yards rushing for the ENTIRE game and to that point & #1 had less than 10 yards rushing on the night. Yes he is a great talent but to say the game got out of hand because he left the game is comical. Tyner started passing after going down 26-7 after the next series when they had the bad punt snap. They had zero success running all night. Maybe they overlooked Boyd but the defense dominated Tyners offense the first meeting. Now having said that nobody is expecting that a 2nd time around. Marion game was completely different than Tyner. However when Massangale took over the Warriors played their best ball on offense that they had all night long. Who knows maybe they both over looked them and Boyd is just extremely fortunate. It will take a lot for the Bucs to beat 2 good teams twice in same year. I know this though, with the Warriors having 2 Mr Football Finalist plus a healthy Logan Walters at QB along w/having Ross on the sidelines MC SHOULD be in Cookeville again this year. Anything less than that is a failure. This team is MUCH better than last years team and best Warrior team since 1995.

I think you may be surprised

Yea me either but you're right the odds are stacked against them

Most thought we were fighting for a forth place spot in this region before the season began. This has been a career year for the coaches. This team has exceeded expectations by a mile. That makes the playoffs pressure free for the Bucs as we weren't supposed to be here. This also makes us a very dangerous playoff team.

Hooks up!!

Most thought we were fighting for a forth place spot in this region before the season began. This has been a career year for the coaches. This team has exceeded expectations by a mile. That makes the playoffs pressure free for the Bucs as we weren't supposed to be here. This also makes us a very dangerous playoff team.

Hooks up!!

You can say pressure free if you want, but that is no longer the case after dominating tyner and marion. All the pressure is now on you guys. Boyd is probably the most improved team in the state, and its not close. Boyds kids have gotten big and physical in the offseason. Yall are the favorites, no doubt now. Everyone else is playing for second.

You can say pressure free if you want, but that is no longer the case after dominating tyner and marion. All the pressure is now on you guys. Boyd is probably the most improved team in the state, and its not close. Boyds kids have gotten big and physical in the offseason. Yall are the favorites, no doubt now. Everyone else is playing for second.

True statement.