Memphis East vs Hardin Co

nmpballer

East just doesn't seem to make many mistakes. They've been pretty consistent all year since that first lost. I bet against them twice this year and ate crow so they won me over. Last year they started 6-0 I think, and then just fell apart. Mustang do you know if Banks getting any looks or offers in football? I know he's a basketball player too. I wonder if he's gonna stick to football since he's having such a good season. I hope y'all can pull it off. The more gold balls in the 901 the better...

Banks has a few small schools looking at him. This is why the coaches pushed him to play defense, so that he could get more looks at 6'5". For the life of me I can't understand why McGhee and Turner do not have a major D1 offer. Banks and McGhee do play basketball, but football is their primary sport.

Yes, we did fall apart last year. Mainly due to injury, but we started turning the ball over at an alarming rate. This is what killed us vs. Henry County in 2013. We were clearly the better team statistically but fell short by 3. They went on to win the State. These seniors were playing as Sophomores then. So they focused on depth, turnovers, and defense this season, and has paid off. We are not the biggest team but we have really good talent at the skill positions. We have veterans on the line. Our defense is good and solid. We will not take any team lightly. Everyone in the playoffs is a potential State Champion. Down to the final 16, trying to make to 8 this week. Should be a great matchup!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington wants hardin county and I'd love too see that match up again probably would be a whole lot closer

Lexington has a game against Jackson Northside. Just because you guys beat them once doesn't mean it's automatic. I would venture to say that JNS wants some revenge. I'd focus on that game before I would a Hardin Co./Lexington game. It's no garuntee that Lexington will be playing next week. There's no garuntee that any of the remaining teams will be playing next week because all of them are good. That's just plain ole' arrogance talking.

Gobbel and Godwin and Both Bumpass kids will be a big load

AdamsvilleDad26:

I realize that Hardin Co. blitzkrieged Adamsville to the toon of 35-0. I understand you singing their praises. I would too if a team beat mine that badly. However, East beat the other west TN 2A power, Trezevant, by a score of 38-14. I mentioned that just to give you something comparable. I think East is well capable of playing and beating Hardin Co. Just as well as Hardin Co. can play and beat Memphis East. This isn't going to be a blowout one way or the other. This will be a hard faught game between to very good programs.

Theres no way East can check those 4, if they start putting too many in the box they will kill them with Big Bumpass and Godwin or Rainwater...HC is not one dimensional which makes them a tough team to beat, and is the game really at Melrose? Bad experience last night we played there, too much green being smoked under our side of the stadium and in the stands

Either you KNOW something that no one else knows, or you are talking out of the side of your neck. 'No Way'? Really?

I guess those lil' ole' boys from Memphis East should just concede to the BIG BAD FOUR from HC. The big Bumpass boys. Godwin, and Rainwater will just be TOO MUCH for the team from the city to handle!

Wow! ... just ... wow!  All right Mustangs ... you heard it from HC12. You guys are about to get dominated by the big four!

Edited by kwc

Yes the game is at Melrose we have a lot of weapons as well tedrick McGhee is a beast at wr/db devante Turner rb. Is a beast Timothy Taylor rb best kept secert Eric banks qb 6-6 take nun away from there qb he's good but our defense has been playing lights out we have a lot of talent on this team I can't wait until Friday to shut Yall mount up

I'll say your 'D' has been playing great this season. According to the Updated team stats as of November 3 on the Shelby Metro Sports Blog website, East' 'D' is ranked 2nd in the Shelby Metro area in points allowed at 12.2 pnts/gm. Your 'D' is tenth in the area in yards allowed at 103.3 yds/gm. Your 6th in the area in passing yds allowed at 80.7 yds/gm. That defense is 5th in the area in total defense only allowing 184 yds/gm. Don't let me leave off your two DBs with three INTs apiece on the season. Mr. Darrian Anthony (1 pick six) and Mr. Irana Moore. I guess you can call that a 'No Fly Zone' with those guys back there patroling the airways. Now ... that's a pretty stingy defense. (Those numbers do not include the past week's playoff game)

Your offense isn't chopped liver either. You guys were 12th in the area averaging 34.8 pnts/gm. You are 21st in the area running the ball with an average of 191.6 yds/gm. You aren't listed in the top 25 in the area in total offense, but that doesn't mean that you can't toss the ole pigskin around neither because according to the Updated individual stats as of November 3 your QB, Eric Banks, has passed for 1,183 yds in 10 games. According to the same source, Mr. Tedrick McGhee, 54th in the area, has accounted for 407 of those passing yds ... with 5 TDs. That means he's one of your top playmaking receivers ... but not your ONLY receiver ... because there is another 776 yds going to somebody else. Your outstaning RB, Mr. Devante Turner is 13th in the city rushing for 1227 yds in 10 games with a 7.8 ypc average while scoring 19 TDs. (Mr. Turner is 5th in the area in scoring by amassing 20 TDs in those 10 games with six two point conversions giving him a total of 138 points scored.) Which, in my opinion is a very good mixture of run and pass. Can't stack the box to stop Mr. Turner because you have to cover the WRs. Combine that with a 'keep'em out of the endzone', 'stop both the run and pass' type defense makes for a very good post season team.

I like how you guys are looking at this point of the season. You guys are peaking at the right time. Don't take nobody for granted ... play disciplined. You guys have what it takes.

Edited by kwc

Coach will never stack the box we have played some great running backs and quarterbacks over the years so if you think that's going to happen your just plain ole crazy we will line up and play defense I don't think your quarterback has been hit yet we will see Friday sir at Melrose at 7 can't wait our boys been waiting for this moment since 2013 when we lost to henrycounty which we should of won

Theres no way East can check those 4, if they start putting too many in the box they will kill them with Big Bumpass and Godwin or Rainwater...HC is not one dimensional which makes them a tough team to beat, and is the game really at Melrose? Bad experience last night we played there, too much green being smoked under our side of the stadium and in the stands

Advantage Memphis East.

I'll say your 'D' has been playing great this season. According to the Updated team stats as of November 3 on the Shelby Metro Sports Blog website, East' 'D' is ranked 2nd in the Shelby Metro area in points allowed at 12.2 pnts/gm. Your 'D' is tenth in the area in yards allowed at 103.3 yds/gm. Your 6th in the area in passing yds allowed at 80.7 yds/gm. That defense is 5th in the area in total defense only allowing 184 yds/gm. Don't let me leave off your two DBs with three INTs apiece on the season. Mr. Darrian Anthony (1 pick six) and Mr. Irana Moore. I guess you can call that a 'No Fly Zone' with those guys back there patroling the airways. Now ... that's a pretty stingy defense. (Those numbers do not include the past week's playoff game)

Your offense isn't chopped liver either. You guys were 12th in the area averaging 34.8 pnts/gm. You are 21st in the area running the ball with an average of 191.6 yds/gm. You aren't listed in the top 25 in the area in total offense, but that doesn't mean that you can't toss the ole pigskin around neither because according to the Updated individual stats as of November 3 your QB, Eric Banks, has passed for 1,183 yds in 10 games. According to the same source, Mr. Tedrick McGhee, 54th in the area, has accounted for 407 of those passing yds ... with 5 TDs. That means he's one of your top playmaking receivers ... but not your ONLY receiver ... because there is another 776 yds going to somebody else. Your outstaning RB, Mr. Devante Turner is 13th in the city rushing for 1227 yds in 10 games with a 7.8 ypc average while scoring 19 TDs. (Mr. Turner is 5th in the area in scoring by amassing 20 TDs in those 10 games with six two point conversions giving him a total of 138 points scored.) Which, in my opinion is a very good mixture of run and pass. Can't stack the box to stop Mr. Turner because you have to cover the WRs. Combine that with a 'keep'em out of the endzone', 'stop both the run and pass' type defense makes for a very good post season team.

I like how you guys are looking at this point of the season. You guys are peaking at the right time. Don't take nobody for granted ... play disciplined. You guys have what it takes.

the funny part about those interceptions irana Moore is a defensive lineman