Memphis East vs Hardin Co

nmpballer

RedMan I don't think you get it. First of all, Milan receives a good amount of gate money by playing Peabody (which is a rival if not WILL be a rival) and Huntingdon (Which is one the best "rivalries" in West Tennessee). Milan WILL NOT swap Huntingdon for North Side I can guarantee you that.

In previous years, North Side has always looked around for a non-district opponent to play. Hardin County is in the same boat so they both played each other. North Side had to play both Clarksville Northeast and Millington in 2011-12. Now with the TSSAA going back to the regions, the non-district games are limited. North Side only has 2 and therefore it's obviously will be JCM and Liberty. North Side will play Southside in the Jamboree for now on.

DO NOT CALL MILAN'S REGION "WEAK." They have Liberty and Dyersburg, 3 teams in that region that can beat you on any giving night. Just like Region 7-4A (Lexington, Hardin Co. and North Side (Haywood possibly in a few years)). That is a mistake to begin with!

Playing up has always been the issue. Remember like a decade ago when USJ was a D-1 school and they were terrible. And now they are D-2 and just a mediocre 6-8 win team every year. So if you want to criticize a team for not playing up, IMO it's USJ.

Now let's go into all the money this and that (stuff we really shouldn't be talking about on the internet, but I will go ahead and say it).

The Lasley family has always done a great job as the "boosters family." They were the guys to lean on and get the job done. They always make sure the players are fed before the game (TCA doesn't do pregame meals, their players eat at restaurants before game). What is amazing is this, North Side (Freshman and varsity team) has about 90-100 players. Out of all of those players, only about 7 parents attends the booster clubs meeting. 2 of those 7, are Ms. and Mr. Lasley. North Side has about 5 fundraisers a year. EVERYBODY HATES FUNDRAISING!!!!!

The football team does not receive any of the "gate money." All that gate money will go into an athletic fund. All the minor sports at North Side grabs their hands into that money, but the football team will get some of the money if they need it. So North Side football really gets robbed in a way because the PATHETIC girls basketball team took some of that money and decided to go to Orlando and play 4 games (which they got destroyed). The attendance to the basketball are painful to see. The Lasley family moved on (but hasn't really completely moved on) because their son graduated, so somebody else is in.

I work with Mr. Lasley and I can tell you that he is a good man!! You would be hard pressed to find a more upstanding person!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banks has a few small schools looking at him. This is why the coaches pushed him to play defense, so that he could get more looks at 6'5". For the life of me I can't understand why McGhee and Turner do not have a major D1 offer. Banks and McGhee do play basketball, but football is their primary sport.

This is what killed us vs. Henry County in 2013. We were clearly the better team statistically but fell short by 3. They went on to win the State. These seniors were playing as Sophomores then.

East played us as tough as anyone except possibly Knox West in the championship that year. Didn't know that they were mostly sophomores then. That's scary.

And all the Gate Money talk was Extra... Certain Coaches and ADs are scared to play certain teams, we know this. I know for a fact Money isn't always the motive. Olive Branch/Southaven/South Panola should be breaking their neck to do a Home/Home with Whitehaven, but they don't want those Loses, but they cloak it in saying they have safety concerns! PEE U, what a bogus excuse.