Who would win this year? BA vs Maryville

ThatMan

Ensworth is still really, really good, even despite their record...don't be surprised if they win the next 2 games and are playing BA for the title in a couple of weeks.   They are still Ensworth and Maryville smoked them in a scrimmage....only BA has handed it to Ensworth in an actual game like that.  MBA at 9-1 needed a last-second stop at midfield to seal the win.

BA and Maryville are the 2 best teams in the state by a very wide margin this year...

I believe it was 2 years ago when Ensworth and Maryville scrimmaged and Ensworth basically waxed the field with Maryville. Ensworth scored 3TD in 6 possessions while holding Maryville to 1 first down in 6 possessions. I know this was only a scrimmage 2 years ago, but it's the only thing we have to go by when comparing Maryville to a DIIAA school. This years BA team is LOADED and would beat Maryville by 21 plus points. The difference would be the athleticism on the offensive and defensive lines. Maryville doesn't play the competition BA plays each week. Here is a quote from Quarrels after that "humbling" experience against Ensworth 2 years ago:  "Sometimes you need a humbling experience to let it sink in really good. And this was humbling," said Quarles. "It was tough to stomach. I thought we would compete a little bit better than we did. We didn't. I told Coach (Ricky) Bowers, ‘I'm sorry we didn't offer a whole lot of competition for him.' But, like I said, I think we'll get better. It's early in the year."

I think the thing you're actually missing out on is just how Humble Coach Quarles really is . Maryville has lost Scrimmage games , and Jamborees to teams like ... well William Blount ... was it last year , or the year before . Seymour beat us in a Jamboree a few years ago and stormed the field ... got all fired up about how easy all the other games were gonna be after " Waxing " Murvil ... and as I recall they won one game that year . I'm not putting Ricky Bowers down at all ... but do you really think he would be willing to lose any competition .... even if he thought it might be best for that team ? The only thing I'm surprised about as far as Maryville and Ensworth , is that we actually beat them ... In a scrimmage game .

It's took a while , but I finally could care less about how Maryville performs in a Scrimmage or Jamboree .... just like it took me a few years to get used to Coach Quarles calling the Dogs off earlier than any other coach I've seen . There were so many Games where I was like ... come on , put the pedal to the medal and win by 50 plus !! lol .... Coach Quarles plays more kids in a regular game than I've ever seen any other coach play ... that is one of those decisions that pays huge Dividends in the Future !! Other coaches should take notes and get the younger kids more playing time when the games are out of hand . 

All this doesn't really matter though , because everyone knows that IFL games are Coach Quarles's fatal flaw ... no one can be Perfect , and I can't really explain why such a great Coach could be so bad when it comes to the IFL games . I guess we'll just go ahead and Keep him here in Maryville despite that Flaw ... after all , he really is a Nice Guy to be Around !! LOL 

I think the thing you're actually missing out on is just how Humble Coach Quarles really is . Maryville has lost Scrimmage games , and Jamborees to teams like ... well William Blount ... was it last year , or the year before . Seymour beat us in a Jamboree a few years ago and stormed the field ... got all fired up about how easy all the other games were gonna be after " Waxing " Murvil ... and as I recall they won one game that year . I'm not putting Ricky Bowers down at all ... but do you really think he would be willing to lose any competition .... even if he thought it might be best for that team ? The only thing I'm surprised about as far as Maryville and Ensworth , is that we actually beat them ... In a scrimmage game .

It's took a while , but I finally could care less about how Maryville performs in a Scrimmage or Jamboree .... just like it took me a few years to get used to Coach Quarles calling the Dogs off earlier than any other coach I've seen . There were so many Games where I was like ... come on , put the pedal to the medal and win by 50 plus !! lol .... Coach Quarles plays more kids in a regular game than I've ever seen any other coach play ... that is one of those decisions that pays huge Dividends in the Future !! Other coaches should take notes and get the younger kids more playing time when the games are out of hand . 

All this doesn't really matter though , because everyone knows that IFL games are Coach Quarles's fatal flaw ... no one can be Perfect , and I can't really explain why such a great Coach could be so bad when it comes to the IFL games . I guess we'll just go ahead and Keep him here in Maryville despite that Flaw ... after all , he really is a Nice Guy to be Around !! LOL 

I heard he dodged playing Seymour in the regular season after that thumping they gave them in that scrimmage? I kid, I kid.

That Ensworth team that waxed Maryville would have done so in a real game as well. They were ranked 7 in the nation at the end of the year and beat top programs from other states. They were the best high school football team I've seen. No one in the state could have beat them that year. Chech out Corn Elder highlights on YouTube. He's now returning kicks for touchdowns at Miami. No one could stop him. He's just one of many DIV I talent that graduated from that team.

Let's be honest Maryville is the best traditionally year in and year out. However the schedules that BA or Ensworth play are literally lke the SEC of high school football. The top 4 teams in DIV II-AA are consistently in the top 10 of all classifications. Football at its very finest.

This years game no one knows cause it's the IFL. Being from east tennesse but now working with DIV-II-AA schools I may be one of the few on this board to have actually seen both of these teams and their competition play consistently. Maryville fans you're fooling yourself if you don't think this large private school division isn't the best in the state. BA youre fooling yourselves if you don't think GQ is the best coach in the state.

Bottom line. This game would come down to BA's athletes (more than anyone in the state by far) vs Maryville's coaching staff. I honestly can't say either team would win my more then a touchdown. This would be a nail biter.

That Ensworth team that waxed Maryville would have done so in a real game as well. They were ranked 7 in the nation at the end of the year and beat top programs from other states. They were the best high school football team I've seen. No one in the state could have beat them that year. Chech out Corn Elder highlights on YouTube. He's now returning kicks for touchdowns at Miami. No one could stop him. He's just one of many DIV I talent that graduated from that team.

Let's be honest Maryville is the best traditionally year in and year out. However the schedules that BA or Ensworth play are literally lke the SEC of high school football. The top 4 teams in DIV II-AA are consistently in the top 10 of all classifications. Football at its very finest.

This years game no one knows cause it's the IFL. Being from east tennesse but now working with DIV-II-AA schools I may be one of the few on this board to have actually seen both of these teams and their competition play consistently. Maryville fans you're fooling yourself if you don't think this large private school division isn't the best in the state. BA youre fooling yourselves if you don't think GQ is the best coach in the state.

Bottom line. This game would come down to BA's athletes (more than anyone in the state by far) vs Maryville's coaching staff. I honestly can't say either team would win my more then a touchdown. This would be a nail biter.

I havent ever hlseen any real MARYVILLE fans tug on supermans cape or claim anything when it comes to The SEC of H S football. We play where we play and they play where they play. This is just another IFL thread which is meaningless. I have seen a few MARYVILLE that in my opinion could hold their own with the SEC H S but thats just my opinion. If MARYVILLE were to go private and do all the things that they are acused of then the apple cart would most definitely be turned over. Jmo